Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #1  
always meaning to

S/C/G: 268/288/150

Height: 5'7

Default Hi I'm a newbie

Hi. I'm new at this online support thing. I am a very shy 37 yr old housewife. I havent gotten out in the world much over the years and I dont know how to be sociable sometimes. I feel I dont fit in anywhere. I guess thats the fat talking. I need to lose over 100 pounds and its just been a struggle for years. I'm at the point now where I dont have much faith in doing it anymore. I want to lose this weight before I'm 40 but everytime I try it just doesnt happen. I'm very sad about this. I have anxiety that keeps me from exercising. I cant stop eating. When I decide, like now, to eat better and try to lose weight, I eat more. Its like I'm hungry every second of the day. The doctor gave me 4 months to lose some weight to get my cholestero down and I'm not going back to the doctor because I've gained 2 pounds. I'm scared to keep trying just as much as I'm scared to stop trying, if that makes sense. Anyway, I'm here and I'm not giving up yet. I thought some support would be nice or at least read about others going through the same. I just want to be/feel pretty again. Thanks.

Last edited by applestar; 05-14-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: left word out!
applestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

First of all,

A lot of people have found the support they need on this site. There are inspirational successes as well as folks struggling to get started on their journey to better health.

I had trouble starting a diet -- I found it easier to start by making positive changes that didn't involve calorie restriction. So I started by just taking supplements regularly, which is something I should do anyway, but is particularly important if on a diet. Then I began to drink more calorie-free fluids (many folks believe in water-only, but I do Crystal Light). Then started the habit of adding a salad or low calorie soup with most meals.

It's easier for me once I have gotten into a few healthy habits first, and I feel I have made some progress, even if the scale hasn't budged.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad you found us.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

welcome. I can relate to the cholesteral thing. i am only 31, on cholesteral medicine and a year ago my cholesteral was 288. Keep going to the doc. i've only lost 11 lbs and with my medicine, my cholesteral has dropped 50 pts! So even a small amount of weight is worth it.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
always meaning to

Thanks for the welcome! I wanted to lose weight to avoid the meds. I just really dont want to take them but I will if I absolutely have to. I'm trying not to be so negative these days about myself. Its difficult right now. I'm bigger than I've ever been and it seems hopeless but this forum is showing me it isnt! I want to go walking because I hear its the best thing but I just cant seem to push myself out the door to go do it. My sisters favorite saying is "nothin to it but to do it" and while I love that saying and in my head I know its true, its so hard to take that first step. I dont know why I fear everything so much. I may just go ahead and go right now while I feel like I can!!! Ok here I go. Wish me luck lol. I hope I can come in here later and say I did it!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #7  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

welcome!! You found, in my opinion, the best forum ever! Everyone on here is so super nice and understanding and their advice is golden! Good luck with your walk. If you find it hard to get out and walk around town or around the block, try starting in your back yard. Do a few laps until you get comfortable being outside and then maybe after a few times you'll be comfortable enough to go up and down the block or even around the block. Take it slow and steady and you'll be out there in no time with less stress.
Good luck and WELCOME!!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #8  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Welcome. This is a great place for support (and wisdom born of experience). Let me recommend the One Reason for staying on Plan and NSV's (100 lb club). Very motivating--I read them almost everyday even when I don't post.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/229/170

Height: 5'5''

Hey Applestar....tho i'm not not even close to making my goal(as i just started), i can say i can relate to you in alot of ways.....try having a treadmill that you have to walk by everyday-and everyday you never get on it....well i have changed that and my whole thing was...I HATED TO WORKOUT! But like you i kept reading that if you can do any workout...it should be walking...So i started to walk....and yea i started only walking for 10 mins a day...but every week once i got comfortable with that i would 5 more mins each day to my walking...i'm up to walking 30 mins everyday and next week i'm going to try my luck at jogging...but honestly once i got into a routine i was ok with and didn't see it so much as working out but just part of what i did everyday....I'm still to this day working on my out look on life and getting out more (im shy as ever!) and i know it has alot to do with my weight...i know that b/c when i was at my GOAL weight i was more confident in myself and could social more...but i don want to bore you but again welcome and know your not alone in this battle!!! Goodluck!

Love,ME!
sunshyneonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #10  
always meaning to

I did it I cant believe I didnt talk myself out of it but I didnt waste any time either lol. I called up my sister and we went to the park and I walked a mile. Pretty sure it was a mile. Even if it wasnt, I went! I took the opportunity to take pictures while I was there too so that was even more walking. I enjoyed just being outdoors and I feel so good right now Its amazing what reading about others can do for you!

Also, I have walked around my house before and stuff but my thing is I want to get out of my box. Thats one of my goals alongside losing weight. I need to change the whole me Thank you guys for your posts!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #11  
I LOVE my furbabies!

That is absolutely awesome! You did it! I've never thought about taking my camera with me on walks... that sounds like a bunch of fun seeing how I LOVE taking pictures of everything! Thanks for the idea!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #12  
I LOVE my furbabies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by applestar View Post
When I decide, like now, to eat better and try to lose weight, I eat more. Its like I'm hungry every second of the day.
When I say "I'm on a diet" or anything of the sort, EVERYTHING I look at looks like a big fat candy bar or ice cream cone! I do the same thing, I decide I'm going to diet then I become a human garbage disposal. I eat everything in sight!
SOooooo I just say I'm not going to eat crap anymore instead of dieting. Or I'm going to eat healthier... Good luck
Old 05-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #13  
AndreainAZ

Welcome Applestar,
I am on my 3rd day and am feeling more in control. I have never been so depressed or at my heaviest in my life. When I signed on 3 days ago I was a mess and am feeling a bit better. I have not had out of control eating but I feel like I have not been eating enough. I walked the dogs yesterday and will find the time on Saturday to go to Curves. I don't want to be 50 and so overweight. I have been overweight for years. You are in the right place and good luck.
ABTucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #14  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Wow Apple.... way to go....
this site is great... I started coming in here a couple months ago.. I'm in here at least once a day to read and post... With the support here, I've been able to gain control and in 2 months lost 15 pounds. A few lessons I've learned are to plan ahead, not to be too hard on myself and if "I blow" it, its not an excuse to wait till next Monday... I start again the next meal.... Good luck to you. You can do this....

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 05-14-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 154/140/ undecided 129ish ?

Height: 5.6

welcome i am also new to the site and feel how you do that all hope is given up on and the lack of going out.
hopefully we will both find support on this bored that will help us get to our goals.
makelovenotwarcraft is offline   Reply With Quote