Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #1  

Question I am new and really need support

Hello everyone!

Where to begin???????? Well I just want to introduce myself and tell you my goal my name is Ameenah I am 29 years old. I have been trying to lose weight now seriously for more than 5 years. Let me give you a brief history of me, I have never been small I have always struggled with my weight. But once I became a stay at home mom the weight pilled on. 2 years ago I became successful in loosing 30 pounds in 3 months by potion control eating less sugar and walking. I was motivated and excited then I found out i was pregnant and my appetite was amazing like i couldn't control it . Then I found out i was pregnant with twins. So i was happy and sad at the same time I am obese i am having twins i was on a roll. anyway at 6 months i went into early labor and lost both my beautiful babies. So needless to say loosing weight ever since then has been truly a battle. I thought maybe it would be better not to lose weight because If i do I may get pregnant again and I can't deal with that right now. So I just gained more weight. My weight affects me so much it affects my marriage, my life with my friends every part of my life some how is affected. And I suffer from polyosistic ovarian syndrome also and emotional eater. So now I have been sticking to no carbs no sugar now for a week also i have been eating alot of grapefruit and drinking grapefruit juice. I just need support because my journey is going to be long and somtimes tough and I ask my friends but i believe that they don't see truly how my weight affects my life so they like you got it! No I don't, My husband is like i love you if you accomplish it or if you don't. And i am grateful it is just that sometimes i want him to say come one we going to do this or your doing a great job. Just support because I feel so desprate right now I have to get this weight off I never thought I would be this big

sorry for becoming long winded
thanks for reading
Ameenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Welcome! I am a new poster here too and looking for support and inspiration too. I can't imagine losing a baby let alone two, so sorry for your loss.

You did have some success before and you know you can do it. I have struggled all my life too and since having my kids I certainly need to lose a lot of weight. I am also a stay at home mom too and it's hard to find the time to take care of yourself.

I try to remind myself that taking care of myself will help me to take care of my family.

Have you tried Weight Watchers? I find it's the only thing that seems to keep me in line. And what I like about their program is you can eat anything you want as long as you portion control it. Also I discovered Turbo Jam work out videos. I was having trouble getting to the gym 4 to 5 days a week I should. These are great and I can do them before the kids get up in the morning.

Good luck and I'll be posting more. I found that this forum has a lot of great advice, motivations and info.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Heya Ameenah, Firsly I'm very sorry that you've had such a difficult time, here's to hoping that things imrpove and that you do lose that weight!

This is just my opinion - but from what I've seen cutting carbs or certain things from your diet isn't usually successful, because you'll no doubt be craving them and realistically can you see yourself living the rest of your life carb free? I think you probably just need to look at portion sizes and include more veg in your meals.

As for comfort eating, is therapy something you could look into?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  

Hi Ameenah I am also a new poster and I am here looking for support also! First I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss and I am sorry that you have had such a hard time! I hope that this community will help you stay motived and help you get the support you need!

I know what you mean about your husband. Sometimes I just wish he would look at me and say "You know what your fat....do something about it" Sometimes I wish everyone I knew would say it. I think it would make me get my butt in gear more and hearing that would keep me motivated to prove them wrong.

Good luck!
trs71975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  

Well i have tried therapy but I am nto the one who likes to sit and reminise all the time I know what my issues are and I just want to deal with it not the why it is so hard to do that. Also i have tried weightwatchers and they prove to be very good it is just actually getting the time to get to the weekly meetings and things like that my health insurance pays it but not online.

Last edited by Ameenah; 05-14-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Hello Ameenah! First of all, let me tell you that I'm sorry for your loss. One of my classmates suffered a similar experience last year and she also lost twins, so I can understand what you experienced (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker; It's difficult for me to express some feelings or thoughts in it).
I agree with Spoz in that it's not the best idea to cut carbs and sugar from you diet, as it will happen that you'll be craving for them. I've been on and off dieting since I was 10 (I'm 23 now), and whe the diet was more strict, I ended up suffering a lot. Now I'm on a new diet, that it's not so hard to follow, as it not so restrictive. It focus especially on changing eating habits and eating healthier; I was told to do 4 meals, and put the focus on the first two.
I can copy my eating plan for you if you want. I think it may be appropriate for you, also. Let me know if you're interested.
Bye!!!
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2B View Post
Hello Ameenah! First of all, let me tell you that I'm sorry for your loss. One of my classmates suffered a similar experience last year and she also lost twins, so I can understand what you experienced (sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker; It's difficult for me to express some feelings or thoughts in it).
I agree with Spoz in that it's not the best idea to cut carbs and sugar from you diet, as it will happen that you'll be craving for them. I've been on and off dieting since I was 10 (I'm 23 now), and whe the diet was more strict, I ended up suffering a lot. Now I'm on a new diet, that it's not so hard to follow, as it not so restrictive. It focus especially on changing eating habits and eating healthier; I was told to do 4 meals, and put the focus on the first two.
I can copy my eating plan for you if you want. I think it may be appropriate for you, also. Let me know if you're interested.
Bye!!!

Hi sure i would love for you to copy you eating plan thanks
Old 05-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/283/???

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Ameenah!

I am new to this 3FC, too, and have Insulin Resistance, as well. It sure makes dieting all the more challenging.
I am so sorry about you loss... and can understand your feelings of avoiding going through something like that again. I can also understand your feelings about your weight controling your life and feeling so bad. That's where I'm at now, too.
I'd just like to encourage you to look around on this site and read some of the encouraging posts and testimonies. I'm sure that there are many people with similar weight issues that have managed to overcome some big obsticles and can encourage and support you in the challenge that you are facing. Sometimes we just feel so overwhelmed and need someone to tell us that we can do it.
I know some people that really "diet" all week and then on the weekend allow themselves one treat; something that they've been craving all week. Maybe that might be an option for you?
cathexis2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #10  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Eating plan

Breakfast

Coffee with low-fat milk or non-fat milk
2 pieces of brown bread toast + non fat cheese (5o grs)

Mid-Morning

1 diet yogurt or 1 fruit or 1 cereal bar (light) or 1 fruit juice or 2 rice cookies

Lunch

To calculate the amount to eat, the dish (appropriate word?) is divided in 3. 1/3 is composed of fish, chicken (skinless) or red meat (with little fat); the other 1/3 is composed of vegetables; and the other 1/3 is composed of carbohydrates (rice, pasta, grains, other cereals, potatoes, etc).
1 fruit as dessert

Tea

Same as breakfast, but substitute cheese by diet jam.

Dinner

Similar to lunch, but no meat is eaten. 2/3 are vegetables and 1/3 carbohydrates.
1 fruit as dessert.

With respect to carbs, you can see that they are quite important in this plan. In fact, the key is trying not to eat things made with refined flour, especially if you buy them already made. For example, I can eat a vegetable pie (or even a meat pie at lunch) if the pastry hasn't much fat or if it is made of whole-wheat flour (appropriate word?)
I was told avoid sugar and fats (as butter), except oil (especially olive oil). However, I was not totally forbidden. From time to time I can eat some sugar (eg. a piece of birthday cake). What I was told not to eat at all was salt, as I have high-blood pressure as a result of my weight. So, of course, no ham, hot-dogs, etc.
I was given lots of tips for my diet, but I have to translate them to English and it would take me some time, as I'm quite busy right now. If you have any doubt, let me know.
Bye!!!
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:57 AM   #11  
Ready to do this!

S/C/G: 215/197/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Ameenah! You sound like you're in a very similar situation to me. I have a really supportive fiancee, which helps a lot. But I still feel like I've got a lot of obstacles. I have ovarian issues too, and a thyroid problem and have never been small. I'm ready though to get in shape. And even if I'm never going to be tiny, I can be athletic and healthy. Which ultimately is better anyway.
reddahlia is offline   Reply With Quote