Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Cool first I quit smoking - now time to tackle the weight

Hi! well I figure if I can quit smoking I can do anything!!! So here I am about to be 45 and deciding its time to loose the "baby" fat (shh dont tell anyone but my baby is 19) Anyway, was searching around to find a place to be held accountable and here I am! Hope to make some friends and loose some 80 to 90 pounds
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

You'll find plenty of people in a similar boat Have a look around. Post where you're comfortable.

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #3  
But not for long...

Congratulations on kicking the ciggie habit! I can't believe I used to smoke (7months ago!) on top of all this unhealthy weight... looking forward to hearing about your next milestone
AnonymousWayFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #4  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello and Welcome,
I too had to kick both vices for my health. I quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago. I tried to do both together, but found my nicotine cravings would trigger food cravings and vice-versa. It was a no win situation. Figuring the smoking was the larger threat I kicked that habit first and I am now tackling the weight. It's been a long journey but I feel better and better.
Congrats on your ongoing journey!
chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #5  

Congratulations to all of us for doing the hard work and kicking that horrible addiction. I quit 3 1/2 years ago and gained about 12 pounds that I keep losing and gaining back again. Some of it may have to do with my age, but it seems a struggle not to gain any more. Of course, a lot of it has to do with what I put in my mouth and whether or not I exercise!

Anyway, you are right...if we quit smoking, we can do anything!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #7  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I quit smoking 2 years ago and I'm 45 already but my baby is only 10.5 months old! I'm getting serious about the weight now too. Glad to see you here!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm the opposite.... :-(

I know it's terrible, but when looking at what was my seemingly endless list of new years resolutions, I decided I couldn't launch into losing weight and giving up smoking at the same time.... So I've started my lifestyle changes with weight loss, I said from the beginning that once I got down to 200 pounds I'd give up the smoking. I'm afraid that I'm using the smoking as a crutch (I need something to do at work while everyone else is launching into their crisps and chocolate!!!) So unfortunately, I've actually found my coffee and nicotine consumption is on the increase... Did you give up cold turkey?
saoirse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #9  
on a mission

well done on quitting the ciggarettes! this is going to make your fat loss so much easyer if you intend too add cardio into your routien!
paulym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/200/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Congrats

Welcome. I too stopped smoking about 6 months ago. I kept telling myself that as soon as I quit smoking then I would go on a diet. Well, I finally did it and I feel so much better physically but now I'm not beating myself for not doing what I know is best for me and my health. I am cycling now and feeling better each day. Keep fighting for it, you are doing it for yourself and those that love you.
KatfromCal is offline   Reply With Quote