Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #1  

Default 2 1/2 yrs post GBP n gained 20 back-NEED HELP

hello everyone. Im new at this so please bear with me., Had gastric bp surg couple years ago n lost 70lbs. gained 20 back. just joined fitness club one week ago, so trying to lose weight, tone myself {smile}, and I need HELP.
If anyone has any suggestions, advice, menues, anything to help me jump start, i'd really appreciate it.
momjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Welcome

Don't beat yourself up and plan, plan, plan. I plan so much that sometimes I think I am obsessed but this is what I have to do or I fail. There is no magic, just good healthy eating and exercise.
I'm not sure if where you got your surgery you were required to take a nutrtion class but it maybe a good idea to talk with a nutritionist or take a class becuase you need to rethink your eating. Especially with GB surgery.
Good luck and be patient( I know it hard)!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #4  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

momjoan Take a look at the eating plans, pick a sensible one for you, or follow a diet plan you already have. TheDailyPlate.com is an excellent calorie counting resource for free and you can set up your weight goals and exercise goals there. Keep on coming back to 3FC, find some people you "click" with, or join an exercise challenge group and keep posting your progress. You will find A LOT of willing supporters and encouragers here! The sticky menus at the top of each forum have loads of advice and information, check them out!

Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the forum, Joan!

There's a section here for Weight Loss Surgery... all kinds of threads to post in. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78
But please post anywhere you feel comfortable.
And congratulations on starting the exercise... keep it up, girl!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote