Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/195/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile Just joining

Hi there to all. Just discovered this site and thought it would be a great place to be! I am a stay at home mom of 5 children all 6 and under, so I really packed on the baby weight with all of my consecutive pregnancies. I definitely gained too much weight while pregnant. I allowed myself to eat cake and cookies when I shouldn't have, and I didn't feel well enough to maintain any sort of exercise regimen. Well, I just finished nursing my last baby and am ready to slim down. I have lost almost 15 pounds through dietary changes and have been slowly adding exercise...my husband bought me a bike as an early mothers day gift. I have been biking a couple of miles a day. I hope to be inspired by others' stories. Have a blessed day.
mdmd117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . so glad to have you joining us. . . you will have that extra weight off in no time, Chickie. I'm very impressed that you even have time to think about additional exercise routines, let alone do them. Keep up the great work.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

md
You have come to the right place. The people here are fantastic. Everyone is full of support and encouragement. Each of us understand this journey we are all on to a more healthy thinner body isn't always easy. It takes dedication and commitment. We take it one step at a time, one day at a time and we will get to where we want to be. This isn't about doing without. The journey is about eating in a healthy manner and getting the body moving. The body was not created to just sit around. Not many of us these days are out digging ditches or walking behind a horse or oxen to plow fields so we are going to have to exercise to give the same body the benefits that everyday life use to give it. Please post on any thread you like and let us know how things are going.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #5  
taking it 1 day @ a time

S/C/G: 180/145/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!! You know, you have such a great opportunity to be a mommy!! I grew up in a family where the first 5 kids were in 6 years, so I can sort-of relate through my memories.

You're very smart to watch what's going in your mouth -- that's the key. If you want help/ideas for exercises, check out my blog at thinkwellactwelllivewell dot blogspot dot com. I've posted some random exercises I like to do that have worked for me in the past!

Good luck!!!

Last edited by mommiesruletheworld; 05-05-2008 at 04:43 PM.
mommiesruletheworld is offline   Reply With Quote