Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2008, 01:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Default New -- before it goes too far

Hey everyone! I'm 25 years old and borderline overweight, and if that didn't bum me out enough, my body fat is at 31% and my cholesterol (even though I don't eat meat) is higher than it should be.

I'm afraid because not only do I gain weight rapidly (I've gained 10 lbs in the 5 months since my wedding alone, and I've gained 40 lbs. overall in 6 years), but most of the people in my family are morbidly obese and I've seen the horrors of diabetes and heart disease firsthand. I want to nip this thing in the bud and get back to 120 lbs and stay there. Not only will I look better, but hopefully my 34DDD's will shrink a little, my cholesterol will go down, and I'm have a fit physique with much less body fat.

So, now it's 25 lbs. to go, and I'm hoping you guys can help keep me on track. My biggest obstacles, however, will be my voracious appetite and love of junk food as well as my "scarcity syndrome," whereby I subconsciously eat as much as possible in one sitting because of some sub-conscious fear that it will ruin soon or not be around -- so I end up eating even when full, or I'll eat half my groceries right after I buy them. Millions of years of evolution is hard to beat.

Last edited by Rachellia; 06-14-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Rachellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Bravo for nipping it in the bud while you are young. I wish I had. What plan were you thinking of following?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
Bravo for nipping it in the bud while you are young. I wish I had. What plan were you thinking of following?
Yeah, it amazes me how easy it is to gain weight, how it just sneaks up. As for a plan, right now I'm sticking to counting 1,200 calories/day, 70 grams of protein and no more than 150 grams of carbs, plus 45 min. of cardio 5 days/week and 3 days/week of 20 min. at Curves. So far, it seems to be working, down 1 lb. in 3 days, hopefully in two weeks I'll start noticing even more of a difference. I do feel better at the end of the day though, the major challenge is that I get the urge to overcompensate for calories burned during exercise.

I'm also about to go off hormonal birth control (to a non-hormonal IUD) which I've been on for 9 years. I have a feeling that will make things a little easier, as when I went on it I gained 15 lbs. in the first two months alone.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Come join us in calorie counters! Calorie counting and exercise really works.

BTW - I'm have a Mirena...which reminds me I'm due to have it replaced.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #6  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

hey Chica, also said hello to you in the Alternachicks Am glad you have joined us here and I'm SURE with all of the great support around here you will definitely reach your goals!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183.8/183.8/150

Height: 5'4

lexi1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 226

Height: 5'2

Default A "Thank You"

This is to Rocker_Chick...I couldn't pm you because I'm new...Thank You for your support and advise...Because of work, it's so hard to eat right...So I did what you suggested. I bought healthy snacks and I'm not freaking out about changing my lifestyle...(well, maybe just a lil..but not as bad) lol Thanks again.....Cyn
Cyn62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn62 View Post
This is to Rocker_Chick...I couldn't pm you because I'm new...Thank You for your support and advise...Because of work, it's so hard to eat right...So I did what you suggested. I bought healthy snacks and I'm not freaking out about changing my lifestyle...(well, maybe just a lil..but not as bad) lol Thanks again.....Cyn
No problem! Yeah, I can't wait until my "new" trial period is over, too.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 210/155/145

HI welcome

I lost 55 lbs & I will NEVER let my weight go up again

LOL Good for you!
thin nurse is offline   Reply With Quote