Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #1  

Default Hi - Gonna try Fit for life - Advice?

Hi everyone - My husband and I are gonna try a diet together or shall I say new way of eating. I think I am finally ready after buying my first pair of size 26 jeans and my husband just crossing into the 300's - I cannot believe what has become of us. Besides a year of bad stress - long story.
Anyhow - I need some advice. I like probably most have been on every diet out there - last failure again was WW in October. Did not stay on and since then gained 15 pounds.
I was thinking of doing Atkins again - had success with that once, but my sister in law told us about "Fit for Life". My husband likes the way that sounds better because you are less deprived. I cannot find much on this way of life and was wondering if anyone has any info.
I got the book today and I am 1/4 into it and it sounds interesting thus far. I just need some stories from people - does anyone have any?
Thanks
ilashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Ilashes &

I don't know much about Fit for Life, but I do know that you and your husband will have to find something that is doable for the long haul, and not just until you lose weight. As you know very well, I'm sure, the diet mentality doesn't work. Check out the Diet Central area to see if anyone else is following the program. Have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success to you & your husband!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi ilashes --
I was curious about Fit4Life, so I googled it and found (I'm pasting a couple of quick snips) this on the website:

This brand new program utilizes state-of-the-art new millennium technology to individualize and personalize the dietary protocols just for you. We use Biochemical Analyzation, Metabolic Typing and Genetic Predispositions to develop a program and system designed specifically for you. This program is the most exciting revelation in the diet industry ever discovered. The success rate through clinical trials was unbelievable and the over-all health improvements were also astounding as well. We will then enter all your information into our proprietary computer systems that will design your program in detail for you. (snip)
he key factors in The Fit For Life® plan are to:
· Eat right for your metabolism.
· Avoid foods that are not compatible to your body.
· Avoid certain foods to which you may be pre-disposed to have sensitivities to.
· Burn more than you eat --- instead of.. eating less than you burn. Semantics? Maybe but hear is the key. (end of quotation)

Does this sound like what you are looking at? I am very skeptical of this website, in part b/c the writers don't know the difference b/t "here" and "hear," and they think "analyzation" is a word!

It's important, as earlier poster said, to find something that you will DO and will stick with for the long haul, and I don't want to be discouraging if Fit4Life is something you really like (and I may have been looking at a competing site, not the one you are looking at).

Good luck with your program, whatever you choose. It's great that you and your husband will be working on this together. (I am trying to eat pretty veggie, and my husband is a big meat-eater!)
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote