Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/197/160

Default The new girl needs some motivation!!

Hi everybody, my name is Christa and I'm 26. I'm also fat! I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) about 6 years ago and I haven't been able to get pregnant. My husband and I want to start fertility treatments at the end of the year, but I want to lose weight first to increase my chances. For the past couple of years my weight has been slowly increasing but this past February I hit the 200 lb. mark and I've had enough. Last summer I managed to lose almost 20 pounds in 8 weeks and I felt great, but the weight found its way back on. Now for some reason, I just can't seem to find the motivation that came so easily to me last year. So I am turning to this group to help motivate me to lose this weight. Perhaps if I had some accountability and saw that other people were doing it too, then maybe I can find the will to keep going.

I am trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet (3 meals and 2 snacks). No Atkins or Weight Watchers, just counting calories. Most meals I do well, but dinner is hard for me. I usually go over my 400-calorie allotment. I exercise about 3-4 times a week, mostly cardo (I like the ellyptical machines). So far I've only lost 3 pounds. Help me!!!!
cvpis4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #2  
m42

I'm new here as well.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing. It takes a while, but you'll get there!
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #3  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hiya chritine and welcome to the forums.. you will find there is a calorie counters fourm here .. there afe also alot of free web based calorie counting programme avalable many use fit dasy which i find very good at telling you your nutrients eaten.. but i switched to calorie king becuase it is easier to find what you are looking for .. and there are alot more food choices on there .. IM an australian and for me the australian version of the calories king had my brand of milk.. etc etc.. which makes it extremely easy to keep track.. There are very few things i cant find on calorie king database..

well anyway , im sure you are aware being over weight makes it harder to concieve even with out pcos.. I could not concieve my daughter until i was below 180 pounds.. it just wouldn't happen then .. 179 boom pregnant lol ... well that is 4 years and 100 pounds ago for me.. alot has happened since.. and when im stresed i eat .. my daughter has been 1 stress after another.. lol ( bad health) .. anyway .. im not getting into that now.. i wish you all the best and if you guys think you will fare better having diet buddies to keep you in tyoe come to the diet buddie thread.. its just strted and we'd be happy to have you .. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137781
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #4  

Christa - This is just a thought that may help you. Readjust your calorie allotments so that you get 450 or 500 calories for your evening meal. One of the things I try to do is to eat a salad before my evening meal. It fills the hollow. It's a simple low calorie salad with just lettuce, green onion, cucumber, and grated carrot. I use the Wish Bone Salad Spritzers for dressing because they are so low in calories and taste good.

Another thing you may want to consider is to eat a few more calories. 1200 calories per day is pretty low especially since you are also exercising.

Lots of good luck to you. As we all know, losing weight is not easy. I lost 35 pounds over the past 10 months. Actually, I lost the 35 pounds in the first four months I was dieting. Since then I've been struggling to stay on task. I gained back 7 pounds over the holiday season and have taken that off again so now I'm trying to lose new weight. Keeping a daily food diary, even though it is a major drag, helps me to stay on track.
cmakela is offline   Reply With Quote