Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #1  

Default greetings

Hi All...

I have the typical story, gain/lose, gain/lose, gain gain gain; lose motivation after a few weeks; etc etc.

Three years ago I was at my lowest weight since I was 12 probably... between 160 and 165. As life changes, it has slowly crept back up to between 190 - 195... which is only about 10 lbs less than my all-time high.

I have joined Weight Watchers about 5 or 6 times, which lasts about 4 weeks max and I lose momentum. I tried Nutrisystem, which did absolutely nothing but drain my bank account.

And now my biggest struggle is that during the week, I can follow WW on my own, count points, follow accordingly, take Alli with each meal... but by the time Friday afternoon rolls around, when the week ends, people want to have a fun lunch out..... it all goes out the window. I stop all efforts and do not reconvene until Monday morning.

I go to school part time, and a lot of the classes I take are online. And since I'm a late night owl, I find myself snacking late as I do homework. I can post about that in another thread though.

So.... I wanted to introduce myself, hopefully I will hold myself motivated longer than a few weeks and my M-Th routine.

I look forward to interacting with many of you.
jaimejean478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi JaimeJean &

Ahh motivation... There have been some great threads on motivation and what it's all about recently. I believe you might look at weight loss differently after reading some of them... Here's one that I found to be true:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137875

And, here are my own thoughts about motivation:

I slowly started to realize many months ago that motivation is not all it's cracked up to be. You know what weight loss has really taken? Dedication. Commitment. It can't just be motivation, because motivation is fleeting and fickle. Motivation is a fair-weathered friend. Gritty, dirty commitment is there with me when the going gets tough. Commitment is there with me when I have to dig down deep to stay on that treadmill. Commitment is there with me when I have to refuse that cake offered to me time & time again.

Don't sell yourself short. You can have a fun time without involving lots of food at restaurants. You can go out to restaurants and still be healthy.

Have a look around. Post where you're comfortable. You'll see there are many people here in the same boat.

Know that you can do this! You can continue!

Best of success!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #3  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Jaime!

Well, I can't even come close to what Fairie said! Those are great words of wisdom.
Also, when you go out on the weekend... remember, you don't have to make perfect food choices. You just have to make better choices. Losing weight doesn't have to be all or nothing. Sometimes we think, "Oh, the heck with it. I'm going to cheat anyway, so I'll cheat big." Small changes can make a difference, too.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Jaime!
You have come to a great place for support.
I agree with what was said above.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #6  

Default thanks!

Thanks everyone... I've been lurking around a bit and look forward to jumping in here and there.
jaimejean478 is offline   Reply With Quote