3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Trying to get support and motivation (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/137772-trying-get-support-motivation.html)

oreokitty 03-22-2008 06:15 PM

Trying to get support and motivation

Hi,
My name is Amy. I've been fighting weight issues since my late teens. I was also chubby as a child. Weight issues are only part of my deal. I've been sober since I was 22 through AA. Then diagnosed with bipolar.

I've been avoiding eating sugar, white flour, white pasta, etc. It has helped me curb my urges to binge (with a history of purging). So I've been using OA literature. I have lost 50 lbs which is amazing because I am not doing any exercising. The fatigue part of the bipolar depression kicks my butt.

I came across this site through a bipolar site. I lurked around and decided to try it out. It looks super.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.
Amy

Sweetcaroline 03-22-2008 06:50 PM

Hi Amy, I'm new to the site too, here only couple weeks or so... There is a lot great support here... lots of inspiration. Congrats on being sober... Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Sweetcaroline 03-22-2008 06:51 PM

oh Amy, I forgot to say how cute your kitty is... what a sweet face...

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-22-2008 07:17 PM

:welcome3:

ellis 03-22-2008 07:28 PM

Amy, welcome to the forum! :welcome3:

You've had a rough time of it, but it sounds as though you're making great efforts to take control of your life. Good for you! :hug: Please keep posting... there are many wonderfully supportive people here. Like SweetCaroline and Max. :)

amouse 03-22-2008 08:24 PM

hey welcome to the forum .. i just love your name :)) lol i dont know why but all the best poeple have that name spelt that way LMAO..

anyway welcome to you too sweet .. you two have come to a great place.. the poeple here are amazing inspirational and have great big hearts :) ..

VermontMom 03-22-2008 09:19 PM

Hello and welcome oreokitty/Amy :)

You really have overcome a lot!! and lost 50 pounds already!! I congratulate you! If you want, check out the Depression Forum here. The ladies are SO caring, non-judgemental and supportive, I have revealed things to them that my friends would never know.

onelife2live 03-22-2008 10:51 PM

Welcome Amy! Congrats on dropping those pounds! It could not have been easy to do, but you did it! Thanks for giving the rest of us hope and motivation to keep working toward our goals!

OnlyMeantWell 03-22-2008 11:03 PM

Congratulations on all your weight loss and sticking with it!

You're kitty cat is so cute!! :)

nutrition junkie 03-24-2008 04:15 PM

Welcome! I have had similar disordered eating and depression history, and i've found that being on here and getting support has helped stop me from binging (and therefore purging), especially when i find others who have had the same issues. I hope you enjoy the site jsut as much and find support!

findingfawn 03-24-2008 07:40 PM

Just wanted to say hi! I'm a newbie too! From my wonderings around here on the board this place is totally awesome!

Congrats on being sober!!! That in itself is a major accomplishment that deserves a pat on the back! My father was an alcoholic, I learned fast as a teen that it would suck me in fast! I decided long ago that it just didn't need to be a part of my life, and get teased frequently for saying I don't drink. I'm very proud of you! Oh and congrats on the weight!! That is awesome! I can't wait to be able to say I'm down 50 pounds!