Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #1  
soon to be thin

S/C/G: 220.4/220.4/150

Height: 5' 5"

Talking I'm new to the forum, not new to dieting

Hi everyone! My daughter and I have just joined... I recently lost 20 lbs using the Beck Diet Solution with the South Beach diet plan...they work wonders along with exercise....BUT... when I stopped rigourously following it, I put back on 11 lbs....now I need support to stay on during strong and weak times, so here I am, ready to give and get support!
soon2bthinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #2  
Chubbymommaof2

S/C/G: 168/168/135

Height: 5'2"

I too just joined 3FC today! I actually lost 45lb on the southbeach diet and now gained 25lb back. I officially switched to weight watchers yet I'm finding it hard tracking and writing all of my points down. The southbeach diet works once you get all your sugar cravings out of your syetem One thing I would tell myself when thinking of eating a brownie or something sweet is that it takes a good 3 days of detoxing the sugar out of your system and do I really want to put myself through all that for a brownie?? Eventually blueberries with whipped cream tasted just as good. I'am however unsure of what the beck diet solution is? Russell Stover sugar free chocolate would work for me during those really hard times!!! Keep up with it, it will pay off I promise. I'm thinking about trying the southbeach again while still weighing in at weight watchers!!
chubbymommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to both of you!
My husband and I have had great success with South Beach (okay, we put the weight back on last year, but it was a good plan! ).
If you haven't already found it, the SB forum is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Last edited by ellis; 03-22-2008 at 07:13 PM.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #4  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #5  
Chubbymommaof2

S/C/G: 168/168/135

Height: 5'2"

Ellis
Thanks so much for the welcome. Which diet plan are you on now, you lost 21lbs so whatever your doing must be working! The southbeach is a great plan, it's nice not tracking but the ww gives me more flexability! I just need to pick one and stick to it
chubbymommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbymommaof2 View Post
Which diet plan are you on now, you lost 21lbs so whatever your doing must be working!
Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say, I've only lost 18 pounds since the fall. Depression issues, plus winter is really difficult for me. Since Christmas, I've mostly just been focusing on maintaining. I figure if I can get through winter without gaining, it'll be a miracle and a new record for me.

I run on the treadmill a couple of times a week, and occasionally use the exercise bike.

I have made some small lifestyle changes. I'm a pescatarian (although seeing that word gives me the creeps, and makes me want to give up fish, too! ), I've cut back on snacking (although not completely), and I eat more veggies and fruit than I used to. I buy much more organic than I used to, and have started eating things that I used to consider bizarro... like miso, chia seed, nutritional yeast, goji berries, etc. When I eat things like that, I feel a little self-righteous. Like, "Wow, Ellis! You are SO healthy!" That encourages me in a weird way.

Once the snow is gone (how soon can about six feet of snow melt?) and the weather is a little warmer, I know I'm going to want to really kick-start my exercise and eating, but for now, making small changes is something I think of as big successes.
Also, I want to be able to just eat healthy and mindfully for the rest of my life. I can't do the "special diet thing" anymore. It doesn't feel right for me. (Weight Watchers is great, too, though! I lost 45 pounds on it before accidentally getting pregnant with our second child. )

Whichever plan you choose, put your mind to it! You will do it if you want to, and you know that's possible.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote