Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/174/137

Height: 5'9"

Default Hi I'm new and I need some support!!

Hi there. I put on some weight about 2 years ago during an emotional part of my life and have pretty much maintained it but I am ready for it to be gone. I've tried many many times and just can't seem to get it off. I live alone and would love to have some support and help out anyone as well in the meantime!!!!
2BHealthyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC!

You've come to the right place! You might start with checking out Diet Central, to see if there's a forum there for an eating plan you think you could live with. The best advice I can give is to think about changing your lifestyle, but one step at a time. You don't have to change your eating overnight, or give up all your vices and become a super fitness hero. It can all start with simple steps, like portion control, choosing chicken more often than beef, watching sodium content and cutting back on that, drinking a little more water, and moving a little more each week than you have been. You might just pick one or two new 'habits' in each area: eating, water drinking and exercise, to work on for the rest of March, then assess your progress and set a few new goals for April, if you're ready for a new challenge.

Check out the Exercise forum for ideas on ways to move more, doing something you enjoy. Remember, too, that exercise can be anything that you enjoy doing, and doesn't have to happen in a gym. You can walk the dog for 15 mins, then get out and do 15 mins of gardening or yard work, and that could be 30 mins more than you were doing before! Try making a list of anything "active" you enjoy or would like to try, in the gym or out, and that will give you the start of an exercise plan.

Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey. Please jump in any place you like, and keep posting! Hope to see you around the forums.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:42 AM   #3  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Cheryl gave some good advice: find a plan you can live with, and use it. Incorporate some exercise, and you will get healthier and lose weight. When I started six weeks ago, 15 min of walking was uncomfortable. Now, I can do 40 without batting an eye.

Deciding to do something is the first step, and you've taken it. You've ensured you will get support by coming here. All you need is a goal, a plan for how to get there, and a way to measure your progress! Good luck!
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya &

Jam's got it right. Have a look around & post where you're comfortable.

Best of success! You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote