3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Howdy from Dallas, Texas! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/137273-howdy-dallas-texas.html)

mistyrenee 03-17-2008 08:54 AM

Howdy from Dallas, Texas!

Hi there! I am a 32 year old married to my high school sweetheart for 9 years. I do not have any children yet and I am supporting my husband through graduate school. We will move to the Scottsdale, AZ area in July for his externship in Audiology and the plan is to move back to Texas.

I have ridden the dieting/weit loss roller coaster. My last success was a couple of years ago when a friend and I decided to do weigh watchers. We did not "join" the program, we just did it ourselves and I lost an amazing 17 pounds. I have since then gained back the 7 and have gone off and on weight watchers probably 3-4 different times. I cannot "join" weight watchers because of the cost of joining is not really within my budget since I am the only one with an income (single mom's - you are my hero...I have NO IDEA how you do it!) and I also think I might just be burned out on the whole point program, plus I experienced major contsipation issues (sorry...TMI...:p) while on the program. So I am looking for something else to do that might spark my interest and get me back on the loosing track. Actually I am very much interested in just eating right without the mess of point counting and getting my husband who battles high cholesterol to eat right as well. A friend recomened the Zone Diet and I have read a lot about it and I still just don't get it. :dizzy:. Any quick "cliff's notes" version anyone can give me?

I also enjoy running and plan to get back into that now that I get home when it is still day light! :)

Um, I think that is about it. I would like to lose maybe 15 pounds, but if I can just shed some giggle and get back to running I would be most satisfied with that. I have read several threads on this site and I think it is just great! There are a ton of amazing people out here and I am glad to be apart of it!

Lovely 03-17-2008 10:35 AM

Hi there Mistyrenee :wel3fc:

You might want to check out the programs under Diet Central. Lot's of members are following different programs that work for them. There's also the 30-something's & the Featherweights that might be helpful to you. But have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!

jamsk8r 03-17-2008 11:47 PM

Welcome to 3FC! :celebrate:

Sweetcaroline 03-18-2008 09:16 PM

Hi, I'm new here too. There is a lot of great support here.
I've gone around and around with weight issues. I'm taking it slowly this time and do a lot of 'planning'... having healthy food on hand for all meals, salad stuff in baggies, etc. 'food prep'... that way, I'm not grabbing for the wrong foods. Good Luck to you...

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-19-2008 11:40 AM

:welcome3: we are close i live in the fort worth area!! good luck to you!