Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'5

Default Hello!

Hi! I'm Heather, Mom to 3 (11,10,6) married 13 years. Was always a skinny person until about 5 years ago,when I somehow managed to pack on a good 90lbs. I have no clue what I'm doing..my portion sizes are out of control, I run my own business and never have time to exercise..

I need to get a handle on this, I want to grow old with my husband and children. I want to be able to play with my kids, run around on the beach and just plain old feel pretty again. oh,and I really want to wear a dress again..LOL

So far I stocked up on Lean Cuisine,salad and total. My diet this week has been as such-

Breakfast-

2 cups total raisin bran w/ 1.5 cups skim milk

1 chai tea w/honey and 1 ounce light cream

lunch-

lean cuisine

snack- 100 calorie pack or 1 apple

dinner -

lean cuisine
salad
WW ice pop (100 Calories)

I have been walking 30 minutes a day..slowly until my body can handle the stress.

PS- I can't cook. Hubby does all the cooking and he only knows how to cook ultra-fat Italian meals. (yet he look like a freakin body builder...jerk ) so pre-packaged meals are the way to go. I *CAN* steam veggies and cook fish and chicken with pam. LC taste much better though~

I have a goal of 12/25/08 to reach my goal weight of 130, that's 2lbs per week.
heather08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 PM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Heather!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Heather!

Looks like you're really trying to get a handle on things. You're off to a good start. I especially like that you're working on getting in 30 minutes of exercise a day. Fantastic! Don't forget that cut up veggies can make a tasty low-cal snack.

Don't worry too much about how fast you take off the weight. If you happen to make your goal of 90 pounds by the end of the year, then that's great! But if you "only" lose 50, won't being closer to your goal be just as fabulous?!

Stick around & post wherever you're comfortable.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Heather!

You're off to a good start!
I've always hated cooking (something to do with being a rebellious feminist, plus having my kids complain about the food at mealtimes), but I've recently tried to commit to making a new recipe once a week. It's actually kind of fun. Would you think about learning to make a few things? It could open up a whole other world of meal options.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote