3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   My story and why I'm here..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/136693-my-story-why-im-here.html)

Elaine28 03-10-2008 06:48 PM

My story and why I'm here.....

Hello all! This is my first post.

Like so many of us, I have struggled with weight all of my life- even as a child. Last year I made the decision to have lap-band surgery. I loved my lap-band and with it's help I was able to lose 94 pounds. Unfortunately, I have had several complications and the lap-band had to be taken out. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed. I've gained 4 pounds since it was taken out a few weeks ago and I'm terrified I'm going to gain all of my weight back.

So, here I am starting this new journey "on my own", so I'm here researching other alternatives and lifestyle changes. I'm trying not to let the fact that I couldn't do it on my own before deter me. I NEED to do this. I can't gain the weight back and become the person I used to be.

Happy to have found you all!

ellis 03-10-2008 07:01 PM

Elaine, welcome to the forum! :welcome3:
I'm sorry about the lap-band. :( But I'm glad you're here... you'll find a lot of support. :hug:

mandalinn82 03-10-2008 07:17 PM

Elaine - :wel3fcL: As those on our Weight Loss Surgery boards will tell you, and as I'm sure YOU know, things like the band are just tools...you do the work yourself! So you lost a tool, but that does NOT mean you can't still meet your goals.

Have you thought about what sort of eating plan you'd like to follow? We have boards for all kinds of different plans, so look around. Otherwise, settle in...can't wait to get to know you better. You absolutely 100% CAN do this.

countrygirl7902 03-10-2008 07:24 PM

:welcome3: so glad you're here! you can do this!

Lovely 03-11-2008 07:13 AM

Hi there & :wel3fc:

As Mandalinn said, the lap band is a tool. You've lost an incredible amount of weight! You did it. You can keep it off and take more off (if you need to) without the lap band. We're all here to support you.

Best of success!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-11-2008 09:29 AM

:welcome3:

Elaine28 03-11-2008 11:25 AM

Thank you all for the welcome and the support!

Yes, what you've said is correct: The lap-band was a tool that helped ME lose the weight. And believe me, I'm grateful for that.... I'm possibly just feeling a little lost without my tool. It was a sudden loss for me. When you make a commitment like that to have a band put in, you think it's long-term, you know? I wasn't expecting it to be taken away a few months into my journey. But.... I'm not going to let it get me down. I've found you all and that is a blessing in itself.

I'm looking forward to posting more and getting to know you all better.

mkreutzer 03-11-2008 11:40 AM

You will do great! We are all here to help and support you!!

Beth56 03-15-2008 01:15 PM

Hi Elaine,

Nice to see you over here my friend. :D This looks like a great place for encouragement and helpful ideas. I'm glad you joined. :carrot:

Beth ;)

Sweetcaroline 03-15-2008 03:46 PM

Hi Elaine,
I've only been here for a few days and already feel strong support in the forums and you will too... You were meant to find this site... Good luck
Tricia

Want2LoseCutie 03-15-2008 03:49 PM

Welcome Elaine! Thanks for sharing your story! This is definitely a great place for support.

Wishing you the best of luck :)

my journey 03-16-2008 04:19 PM

Hi. I am new here too. I just wanted to tell you that you have done an amazing job losing weight already. I think this will be a great place to keep going in the right direction. Remember one day at a time.

Elaine28 03-18-2008 01:05 PM

Thank you all so much for your encouragement and support! You are wonderful!:hug: