Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Red face New to 3FC, 2 months into WW

I've been doing weight watchers with my fiance since 1/6/08. We are getting married 3/20/09.

Just over 1 year to go!

Getting married is a good motivator for anyone to lose weight! But I wanted to do it in a way that stays off, not just a way to lose a bunch of weight and then gain it all back after we got married.

I did Atkins before, and lost 80 pounds. I gained it all back when I went back to how I was eating (that's the way any diet works).

So I tried counting calories. I tried exercising. I kept trying. I have very strong willpower, I just didn't lose any weight. So I joined WW to see if it would help... and it does. I lose an average of 1.2 pounds a week.

Which is frustrating! I'm going to be trying some new things and whatnot, but I love that my fiance and I have managed to make a lifestyle change. We learned the hard way that cutting out our favorite foods is NOT the way to stick with something.

As for WW meetings.... I don't like going to meetings, so I don't. I've a busy life like other people and don't do well with a 'group' in a room. So I found this place and thought I might be able to make friends here and have my own little support group!

So I look forward to getting to know people and making friends here!
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hiya Tormentated!

I'm a WWer, too! There's a Weight Watchers section (under Diet Central) that you might like to check out. But, post wherever you're comfortable. The whole site is built around support & information.

Congrats on the weight you've lost so far! Do not dispair. 1-2 lbs a week is a healthy average for most of us losing weight. Slow & steady will help us keep it off.

And congrats on the wedding! I'm getting married this October so I know what you mean about the wedding being motivated I know that I will most likely not lose all of the weight that I'd like to lose by the time my wedding does roll around about 6 months from now, but the fact that I know I'll be healthier & closer to my goal than I am now is what is important and is what I try to focus on.

So welcome to the group!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely join up with the other WWer's .

Congrats on your loss, you've done a great job!

I know that I won't lose all my weight by then, but I know he will think I'm beautiful even though I'll probably weigh over 200 pounds!

But the long term goal is the point. I want to be healthy, I want us to be able to continue being able to enjoy our most loved outdoor activities (I can't ride in a kayak at this weight and that's my favorite ).
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentated View Post

I know that I won't lose all my weight by then, but I know he will think I'm beautiful even though I'll probably weigh over 200 pounds!
We'll both be blushing beauties regardless of how much we weigh!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote