Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/240/160

Height: 5'3''

Wink Newbie here...

Hello, My name is Joani, I'm new to 3fc. I am nineteen years old, married, and a waitress at TGIFriday's were, unless you pack lunch, you won't eat anything under 800 calories. When I was fifteen years old, my weight topped out at 310 lbs, but in general was about 290. Eventually, I had gastric bypass surgery, and lost a total of 96 lbs. I gained an enormous amount of weight loss knowledge, but due to lack of discipline mostly because I was in high-school with an insane schedual, I did not lose as much as I could of. Now, I am a waitress, which also makes weight-loss difficult, but not an excuse to gain. I have gained a bit of weight back, but am still healthier and wearing it better than I had my last time at this number (roughly 235.) I am "okay" with how I look and feel, but would like to feel "great" again.
Right now, I need to firstly get a scale (yeahhh, a little weird that I don't have one...) and start packing luch for work. I have recently begun to work out a few times a week using a fitness ball, which I enjoy, however because of my work and school schedual, don't always have the time to do so. (Time management is another thing I need to work out to do my best with.) I am hoping to find support and advice in this group, and reach my ultimate goal of 135 lbs.
JoaniT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there JoaniT!

First, congratulations on all the weight that you've lost. That's fantastic! So then, are you counting calories? There's a Calorie Counters area under Diet Central. You're close enough to 20 that you might be comfortable in the 20-somethings area. (Though you should post wherever you're comfortable ^^) You've got the right idea about packing your lunch ahead of time and starting to exercise.

Just keep posting & best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #3  

Thank you, Faerie!
Hopefully, this place will give me a bit of help and support! quick question for you tho- were do you insert a signiture on your post?
Old 03-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaniT View Post
quick question for you tho- were do you insert a signiture on your post?
Hi Joanie,
For signature, you have to click on the purple bar at the top of the screen, on User CP (on the far left). This will take you to an area where you can edit your sig, avatar, etc. (Though I am not sure if you need to have a certain # of posts first in order to be able to have a signature).

I wanted to say Welcome and also, I think it must be quite hard to work where you do and resist temptation. The bad stuff is usually the stuff we love so much. So more power to you! and congrats on the weight already lost.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #5  

Ty tomato! At TGI's, its hard to resist, but only when I'm hungry. Food has become product to me at this point, and being that our vanilla bean cheesecake (once my fave,) has 1500 cal, and 250% dv of sat fat, i can very easily to say "no" to it now. I think the largest hurdle I have is hunger control. dannon used to have "crave control" yogurt that did WONDERS for me, because i could eat a light meal with that as a low-fat "dessert," (i heart yogurt,) and i would be full for a while. this product, however, was discontinued, and that's very sad. anywhoo, thanks a lot for the warm welcome, and I hope to hear from you (both) more!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Joani!

Tomato is right. Unfortunately you have to wait 30 days and have 30 posts before you can get a ticker. It cuts down on spamming... we get a lot of that. Please keep posting... time will fly!

I love yogurt, too. I'll often have low fat yogurt with some berries and Fibre One cereal. It's yummy.

Oh, my... working in a restaurant. Years ago I worked in Burger King, which meant I could make myself multiple "specially built" burgers with extra stuff on them. I gained about 40 pounds working there.
Stay strong, girl!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote