Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #1  
mah
MAH

S/C/G: 276.5/276.5/160

Height: 5'9

Default Need some motivation

Hi~ I have lurked a bit and have now decided to jump in! I am 26 and have gained an enormous amount of weight over the last couple of years (80pounds or so ) My Dh and I have been TTC for over a year and a half with no luck. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and just told today that my cholesterol is high-not to mention I am completely out of shape, disgusted about summer approaching, my knees are starting to bother me, so............I am here! I am 5'9 and weigh an embarasing 276.5 I have made excuse after excuse not to lose the weight, but now it is becoming an issue and I am so ashamed about letting myself go like this. I hope we get successful in the TTC department, but I MUST start taking care of my body. I have decided that low fat and calorie counting is something that I will be able to maintain and also increasing my visits to the gym. I would love some motivation and encouragement. TIA
mah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Mah

Sounds like you've made some good decisions to start! Check out the Calorie Counters area, and the 20-somethings. You may also be interested in looking at the Dieting with Obstacles section.

Commit to a new lifestyle. You CAN do this!

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Mah, welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you're committed to making lifestyle changes. Good for you... you can do it!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #4  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Welcome to the community!!
You sound like me, I gained so much weight in last couple years...My knee also was bothering me and I started doing physical therapy and my therapist informed me to take the exercise slow cuz of the knee and especially not do any exercises involving jumps, lunges etc...maybe start with walking on the treadmill if available or just simply walking outside.
You can do this...You've already taken the first step, which is making a life changing decision. Keep writing to us and letting us know about your progress
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #6  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Mah,

I'm calorie counting, too. Hope to see you around the forums! You can do this!

Cheryl
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I can realet to your post. I am in the same boat. I also gaiend an enormous amount of weight. I began this journey on jan 14th and have lost 21` lbs but have a lot more to go!

DH and I also had some difficulty TTC I did have a baby last year but I am also hoping to begin trying again soon.

I have found 3FC to be a big help and especially the challenges.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote