Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:48 AM   #1  
Fighting PCOS

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile Weight surprise @ Doc App....time to lose!

Hi everyone,
I've been a member here for a long time, but never posted. It's time I quit lurking and introduce myself. I need to get serious about losing the extra weight I've put on. I went to the Rheumatologist today and my weight on the scale just sort of shocked some sense into me. So I'm hoping the support of this community will give me the kick in the tush that I need to stay motivated about getting healthier and SMALLER.

I'm 31 and live in FL with my husband, Joel, and son, Kolby. I've had Rheumatoid Arthritis since the age of 21, so my joints would probably appreciate me losing some pounds. I also have heart problems, so there's another reason to start eating healthier and exercising. I'm a SAHM and I've been homeschooling my son for 6 years. In my spare time I enjoy photography, Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, tagging, making stationery, and other graphic work/play.

I guess that's about it for now.
I can't wait to start getting to know you all!
Art_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:34 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Rischa!

Yes, please do stop lurking & start posting! We can't wait to start supporting you as best we can.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I'm with Faerie ... we're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/242/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Hi there!

Hi Rischa!
Yea, there is nothing like that cold scale at the Dr's office to shake ya up!

I am sure RA is very painful~~I will be rooting for you. I am a PSP addict so glad to see there is someone else around who likes it and making graphics!

Daisy in cold cold Michigan!
MiDaisyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Rischa -

Have you found our "Featherweights" forum yet? It is for folks who have less to lose than some others here, and is great for talking about the particular issues that come with that (like slower losses, since your body has less to lose..). It might be a great place to start!

You also might want to check out the "Dieting with Obstacles" forum - we may have others here with RA to chat with. I'm sure your joints will love to get some extra weight off.

Otherwise, settle in and get to posting. I can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #6  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Welcome Rischa to the forum...I dread doctor visits cuz the first thing they do is put you on a scale Well I hope you find support and motivation here and good luck to you in achieving your goals.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #7  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #8  
Fighting PCOS

Talking

Wow, thank you all so much for the warm welcomes and support! I can see now that I will like being a part of this community very much.

Thanks for the suggestions of the "Featherweights" and "Dieting With Obstacles" forums. I'm sure I'll spend extra time in those.

MiDaisyBug, we should chat about PSP! One addict to another. lol I use PSP on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to creating a new Avatar for this forum.

Thanks again to everyone for the nice words of encouragement! I appreciate each of your replies very much!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #9  
Fighting PCOS

Smile I'm back....

Hi everyone,

After I made this introduction over a year ago I lost interest in weight loss and just about everything else, but I'm back now with a new user name. I've been browsing the forums wondering if I should reintroduce myself or just start posting. Finally it hit me that I should just bring up my Intro from long ago and jump in with both feet posting after that.

I recently (in the past week) joined a gym and started attending along with my hubby. I also started writing down (in the "Lose It" app on my iTouch) everything I eat and counting every single calorie. I was really fooling myself I think before I did that. I had no idea how many calories I was consuming. I've lost 2 lbs so far doing this. It sure comes off slower than it goes on, eh? lol That darn scale didn't budge even a little bit until today!

PS. I'm sorry about the name change. I was just too embarrassed that I was using my real name on a weight loss forum. I want to be able to post my real weight without embarrassment. I hope you all understand. I read that sometimes people get upset at the name changing. Forgive me please?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #10  
Dodo

I have a deal with my doctor re: the scale, I DON"T DO IT! It raises my blood pressure just thinking about it!
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote