Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #1  
Not Monkeying Around

Height: 5' 7"

Smile Been Lurking..Thought I'd Say HI!

I've been lurking the site for awhile now. The success stories on the site are so inspirational. I started my lifestyle change on 12/27/08. So far I have lost 20 lbs (I lost 8 lbs in 5 days just by reducing my sodium.) I have never dieted in my life. When I was younger I would just eat less and excercise more when I felt like I was gaining. But, really I never worried much about my weight. Then I had my son, my weight exploded, and my life became crazy. For the last 12 years I have given very little thought to my weight. There was always something more urgent than my diet. And my weight slowly increased.

Recently I started having nightmares about my weight. At night I would lay in bed feeling sick and scared. I was always very active, and I knew I hadnt experienced any health reprocussions from my excess weight because of my years of being fit. (Well I really did not know, since I hadnt been to the doctor in YEARS - again everything else being more urgent - that and lack of health insurance.) My husband, who is in nursing school, took a nutrition class. He would tell me over and over that we had to change our lifestyle. But he's not an initiator - I play that role in the family.

When my DH came home from the dr's with a prescription for high cholesteral, I knew it was time. I started on a low fat, calorie counting diet at the end of December. (I am following the Alli plan. The meal plans are fantastic. The pill is just a little assist.) And, I went to the doctor and got a full physical. I'm healthy as a horse! What a weight off my mind. Too bad I'm big as a horse too. heheh

I'm soooo happy! My energy level is huge. I eat 5 meals a day and am losing weight (who would have thought this was possible?) My husband has lost 10 lbs just by eating the dinners I fix (damn men). Even with a wonderful 20 lb weight loss it is hard to face I have another 75 to go. But I know I will get there. I changed. I will never go back to eating the way I did (boxed food and restaurants).

So that's my story. I'm looking forward to being part of the board and sharing the journey. "Shared joy is double joy. Shared sorrow is half sorrow."
Mamma Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/160

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome!! Good luck, we're all here to help!
Fat 2 Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

The biggest step is realizing that it's time to change. I was in denial, I wasn't uphappy, I wasn't unhealthy, I was active, but when I started avoiding full length mirrors I knew it was time to step up and get healthy. Good luck!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome!
Your story is familiar to me in many ways. I'm glad you've come out of "lurkdom" to join us.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #5  
Buzzy little bee

S/C/G: 203/174/153

Height: 5ft 6

Helloooooooooooo and welcome!!! :O)
DeliciousBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Welcome from a former lurker! You'll love it here!
alliegater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

We have a nice number of alli followers and you can find them here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133377

If there's anything else we can do for you, just ask!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

We're so happy you decided to come out of the shadows!! LOL!!! You will love it here! Let us know if you need anything!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Susan already showed you the Alli thread so I will just say Hi
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote