Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/243/130

Height: 5ft 3

Default Where should I start?

Hallo there everyone :-)

first let me introduce myself. My name is Lida, I am almost 28 years old and I have one baby 16 months old.
I am originally from europe, but two years ago I followed my husband to USA.

My weight problems started in my teen age. Since that time i am little by little gaining wegiht. And when I lose some, I usually gain it back and at least two times more than I lost. When I was in my home, I had friends, whith which i went out and stuff like that, but here I have nobady. No friends or anything, just no lucky to find a single freind durring the whole two years. So I become very lazy person, thats for sure, but right now I am starting to be scared. My blood pressure is high and I am having problems with my ankles, sometmes it really hurts to walk.
I would like to change my life, I would like to do something with myself, but I dont know where to start. And I need somebody to talk about it, somebody who will help me, somebody who will like to share same troubles....
Lidunka25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Lida!

You've been stuck on a diet yo-yo...it's time to step back and make some positive LIFESTYLE changes. When you go on a diet, you later go off of it. If you make lifestyle changes, and stick with them, the weight stays off a LOT easier.

As for how to start...what about taking babysteps? Pick one change for this week, whether it is drinking more water, cutting out soda, or eating more veggies. Do it for the whole week, and then, next week, add something else. Little baby steps add up to BIG successes!

Can't wait to see you around. Keep posting!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:21 AM   #3  

Thank You Mandalinn, baby steps are very good idea, I think, I will start with water.... never thought about it this way.... just lil by lil. :-)
Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #4  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey im new too but ive been on other forums .. i found little changes make a huge difference for you i would startn with calorie reduction and slowly bring up exercise .. i have gone from nothing to an hour a day in about a month and i have back knee hip and wrist problems, the more i do the less they seem to hurt .. My back got stuffed by the epidural when i had my son, the rest i did as a rat bag kid, climbing trees rollerskating ect lol all old breaks that hurt ..
i started this on december 12th and ive lost 12.8 pounds already . i did alot of research on the net to find out my daily calorie needs then took 500 off . my reccommened was 2450 so i eat 1800-1900 calories a day and its working.. i will keep an eye on my needs and reduce them as needed .
Exercising started with 5 minutes walking then up to 30 minutes , then i switched to my elliptical trainer ( i got on ebay for $40) 30minutes and now i do 30 minutes aerobics class 30 minutes on the bike most days everyday if im well or 30 minutes arebics 30 minute weights .. its working great..
Im 276 pounds now and i was 288.8 pounds and im only 5'5
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5 foot 7

Welcome!!
I am a new member also. I just started my diet on December 29th. So far I have lost 11 pounds! I count calories, don't drink any non diet soda and try to exercise an hour everyday. I agree with mandalinn, start out slow. Drink more water the first week, next week add something else. Little things will help make a differance. We are all going through the same things and we are all here to support you along your way. Remember if you want it bad enough, you CAN do it!

Welcome again!
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Welcome losers!! HaHaHa you will be a great success story if you stick to this site! Theres a lot of good people here to help you and give us all inspiration!! Yuo can do it!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #7  

Thank you for nice, warm welcome :-)
Old 01-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #8  
vek

S/C/G: 203/ticker/180

Height: 5ft2"

Salut Lidotchka and welcome! I'm in the same situation as you are!
I also came from Europe a few years ago, following my husband in Canada. I used to have weigh problems since my teenage years and, as you, I lost, I gained, etc. An endless yo-yo... Back home I used to have many friends to encourage me when I was trying to slim down but here I am alone and in almost 6 years of american fast food I jumped from 110lbs to 203...
Me too I am new on this forum and I don't know where to start... But I think the best way to start is by making friends!
vek is offline   Reply With Quote