Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 AM   #1  
Sodredge "Just Google It"

S/C/G: 600/585/300

Height: 6ft 10.5 (7ft in shoes)

Post When The Humor & The Sarcasm Fades - Hi My Name Is Xavier

You know I look in the mirror and I look big. I go to the stores and I am taller
than most everyone. I walk into the mall and hit a store and they look
dumbfounded. I am bigger than everyone I know. Don't let me fool you, this is not cool. How often have you been the big person just wanting to blend in
with the crowd ? I think at this point that would be cool, though it is never
gonna happen. The best I can hope for is too be the best 300lbs 7ft person
one can be. Yuppers that is the goal 300lbs, if that of course is possible.

Hi my name is Xavier and I am in need of guidance and input, lately more
than I am in need of food. My pride is gone, the kick of being the biggest is
gone, the ignorance of mocking those because I could still walk around the
Walmart without using the cart, is SO GONE. I am at my core, it's put up or shut up and die time. So what do you do when you are stripped of all the crap, how do you build yourself back up ?
sodredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you can do it. You seem determined and that is half the battle. We have some men on here who have lost substantial amounts of weight, you can, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:25 AM   #3  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Hey there, I just read your post and decided that I had to respond. I am new to this forum and just started on a weight loss regimen to get rid of the weight thats attached its self to me in the past 7 years. I stand 6'4'' (closer to 6'5'') and to my best guess I am above 500 lbs as well, probably closer to 550 if I am being honest, and when I read your post could relate to a lot of it. "How often have you been the big person just wanting to blend in with the crowd" that line is all so true for me, and when I read it I thought about how many times me and my wife joked about how easy it is for her to find me in a crowd not only because of the height but the weight

if ever you need to chat or unload to someone that knows where your coming from, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message, this ride isn't an easy one.

Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Xavier. There isn't any reason in the world that you can't do this. You'll also find lots of support around here so please post often. We love having men around.

First step is to determine what your plan is going to be. I hope that you will lose the weight under a doctor's supervision. If you're on any meds, the doctor will definitely want to monitor your progress.

Good luck and please check out the 100+ pounds to lose forum and the 300+ group. Lots of support and help there.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Still not a weightloss expert myself so I have no advice. Except to say welcome and I hope to be seeing you around.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodredge View Post
So what do you do when you are stripped of all the crap, how do you build yourself back up ?
You are already doing it. You reach deep inside yourself pull out everything you can find to help yourself. You stay honest with yourself about how you are doing, you pick yourself up when you fall and keep going. You realize that you cannot do this alone and garner all the support you can from friends, from family, from support groups like 3FC, and if you are a person of faith - from God.

You CAN do this! You have it within yourself to stay committed to your goal. You have all the resources you need to be successful. We are here to cheer you on, to console you, and to give you a good kick when you ask for one
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

:Welcome3: I admit that at my highest weight I started to feel rather freakish. For me, what helped to build me back up was to realize that I ate because it was the only way I knew how to love myself. It is so sad, but true. For a long time I thought I was trying to kill myself – why else would I eat to a point of barely being able to get around? It took some major soul searching to realize that wasn’t the case. When I was unhappy, eating made me feel better and so as an indulgent parent to my inner child, instead of fixing the hurt I fed it a piece of chocolate.

So you have made some bad choices. That doesn’t make you a failure – it makes you human. The best place to start is where you feel like you can. Start limiting your calories. At your size you could still probably eat quite a lot and lose. I don't know what a good range would be for you, but you might want to start somewhere in the 2500 range? Walking is a great exercise. I started by marching in place for 10 minutes in front of the TV because some days that was all I could do. You can very quickly build on that.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #8  
My body in 6 mos!

S/C/G: 161/See Ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Xavier, as others have said you've already started your weight loss journey by taking action and reaching out for support. From so many of the success posts I've read on this site, it is so possible to lose whatever amount of weight you want to lose. Possibly a modified Atkins to see quick results for motivation accompanied by moderate exercise or whatever plan way of eating works for you. Welcome and know that most of us struggle on a daily basis to reach our goals for increased health so we are here for you.
deedee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:15 PM   #9  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 505/480/475(mini-goal)

The humor and sarcasm has definitely faded for me as well. Actually, I guess it failed a long time ago. I try to stay out of stores as much as possible because I just don't like feeling like people are looking at me.

I guess it comes down to turning the humor and sarcasm around and taking that energy we would put into laughing about our selfs and others, and putting it all into focusing on exercise and pushing our selfs to make our body's stronger and better calorie burners. I know I'm going to stop talking down about myself and instead focus more on my workout and eating healthier than ever so when someone does stare at me while I'm still heavy, I'll know that I'm doing everything I can to be the best I can be.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

Hello Xavier,

I'm so glad you have joined us. Please love yourself right now. You feel awful, but look at this in a brighter light. You are now going to repair and heal your body. Being overweight has damaged it and now you are in repair mode. Things are going to get better for you from here on out, so be happy that you're on your way!

The 300+ Club might be just what you're looking for. Check it or anywhere else out, you are welcome anywhere at 3FC!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:30 AM   #11  
Sodredge "Just Google It"

S/C/G: 600/585/300

Height: 6ft 10.5 (7ft in shoes)

You people so rock. Also anyone know how to start one of those smaller groups ? Like a group for 500 and up ?
sodredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:38 AM   #12  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Hello! My SO is as tall as you. He doesn't have a weight problem but I see what he goes through, the attention he gets, the way people stare and with me being fat and him being large, we just don't fit in this world! I relate!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #13  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Sodredge! You sound like you are at the point so many of us had to get to: the point of being sick and tired of being obese. The most important piece of advice that I can give you is what Jennifer has already said. It is time to take care of and to love yourself. It is time to put your needs and your health needs above everything else.

Have you thought about what kind of eating plan you want to do? I went back and forth for several weeks, trying to decide low carb, low fat, low calorie, etc. Finally, I said: whatever, I just have to start doing something. That first step was the hardest. Since then, I have honestly surprised myself to find out that the rest of weight loss hasn't been as difficult as I always thought it would be. It feels great to be in control (among other things).

Have you seen Charles' story yet? Or read about fresnobeedude? Both guys who have lost around 300 lbs. Living proof that it can be done....

I think you could start a new thread in the 300+ section if you wanted to. Or just join in there. I know there are lots of supportive people there. I lurk there, but the daily thread moves so fast, that I don't usually post there. Welcome again, and post often so we get to know you.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #14  
WW Moderator

Why don't you start a 500+ thread in 300+ or in the main Support Forum. If it takes off, then it's up for 'nomination' to a bonafide forum.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to say welcome. I have gotten a lot of great help and advice here. Everyone is so supportive. I really wish you the best of luck, you can do it. I have battled with my weight my whole life so I know how hard it is. Hugs.
MommytoGirls is offline   Reply With Quote