Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/305/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Ready for a new start.

Hello everyone,

I've been sort of an on and off lurker here for a while but I've really decided that doing something about my weight isn't optional for me anymore and thought I would dive right in here. As I've lurked, I've been so impressed with all the support and advice that is so freely given and am inspired at seeing the progress of others. (Besides, having a few more people to feel "accountable" to won't hurt me either). ;^)

I am a 31 year old single mother to one beautiful little girl. I work a demanding full-time job and am going back to school as well. It seems so backward that I feel like I run 20 hours a day yet I have continued to gain weight over the last few years.

I have battled with weight for most of my life, but never felt that it interfered with my quality of life as much as it has recently. I was never small, but I was active and strong and could do most everything I wanted to do, but not anymore.

To be honest, I don't know exactly what my weight is today, but I know it is the most I've weighed yet. (I'm afraid to look! ) but I plan on weighing in and adding a tracker so I can see (and share) my progress.

I'm tired of worrying about how the weight is affecting my health. I don't want to be "the fat mom" for my daughter and miss out on opportunities with her anymore. I'm not saying I need to be supermodel thin, but I need to be healthy and right now I don't feel like I am anymore.

I'm not usually a New Year's resolution kind of girl, but this year, I don't really feel like I have a choice anymore. So on that note, I am anxious to meet people here who can understand where I'm coming from and find the skinny girl who I know is still in here somewhere.

(wow, sorry. that got kind of long!)

Last edited by halcyon; 01-02-2008 at 04:34 AM.
halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Don't worry about a long intro (it wasn't). We want to know you better.

Do you have any ideas about what you'd like to do to lose weight? We'll see if we can find you some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

That wasn't long...have you read some of the goal stories? Now THOSE are long!

Get on that scale and figure out where you are TODAY. If you do that, you'll be all the happier watching yourself get healthier...you'll know where you started, so you can see just how far you've come.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote