Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Hi from New Hope, Georgia

Food seems to be the reason I live sometimes...I love to cook food, read about food, grow food, buy food...I think I worship food! But there is a bright side to this obsession, and that is I eat mostly healthy foods, just too much of them. At 48 yo, I struggle to just not gain more weight, let alone loose the extra 20 I have found over the last couple of years.

The 2nd reason for looking for a forum like this one is to find out more about healthy food plans...those that nourish and heal the body...not just facilitate weight loss. I plan to check out the "whole foods" forum right away. In my gut(and from lots of research), I feel that we are constantly bombarded with reason that we should take vitamins and medication for things that could be resolved with better food choices. And I am on a mission, to either prove it or disprove it to myself and my family. That 2nd part is proving to be an uphill battle! But I am too hard headed to just quietly back away...
snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

There's lots of folks at 3FC who share your thoughts about eating and moving to build a healthier body. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Just let us know if there's anything we can help you with, anything we can help you find ... the folks at 3FC are fabulous supporters!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #4  
in F major

S/C/G: 278/223/178

Height: 6'

snorkledorf,

It sounds like you're already starting out ahead of a lot of people. You've got some healthy and refreshing ideas about food. Since you love to cook, I hope that you'll be sharing some of your favorite healthy recipes in the coming months.

Welcome!
Tharmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #5  

Thanks for the thoughtful welcomes! I am so excited to have found a place where others are passionate about healthy eating, and at the same time trying to loose/maintain their weight. I try different recipes all the time, trying to find a balance between what my husband will eat and what is packed with nutrition. Lately, I have been trying to increase the omega-3s as much as possible. Walnuts and flax seed work for us, but he's not a fish fan. So I keep trying to disguise seafood it in different dishes...not much luck with that so far!

I just saw on the home page that the ladies that are 3FC are from the south! I grew up on the same yummy food--fried chicken, banana pudding, gravy on anything that didn't move, and an insatiable love of cheese. My husband in Canadian and eats much healthier than most men I think. His only downfall is ice cream and that bag of Cheetos he eats on the way home that he thinks I don't know about!
snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote