Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'9"

Default New Start!

Hello I'm Angharad, I'm from Wales which is in the UK. I'm currently 17 and studying my A levels and hoping to go to university to study English Literature next September! Fingers crossed

I'm currenty 5"9 and 186lbs (I never tell anyone my weight so you should all feel honoured hah!). I'm not depressed about my weight or anything, but I just know I would be a lot happier if I was thinner, I HATE wearing swimming costumes because I'm ashamed of my body, and I just wish I could feel confident being in the clothes I wear. I've tried various diets but never stick to them, but this is the first time I've tried calorie counting. My plan is to eat no more than 1200 calories a day, including fruit and veg. Any tips on low calorie recipes would be great! (Bearing in mind I'm vegetarian).

Everybody on here seems so friendly, and you've all done so well! How did those of you who have lost weight do it?

Thanks everyone
Angharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Angharad!

We have a whole vegetarian area, with lots of recipes and ideas. There are several calorie counters there, so you should be able to find some low-cal veggie recipes, and have a place to discuss the issues particular to calorie-counting as a vegetarian.

Otherwise, look around and keep posting. I can't wait to get to know you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks! I need to get used to the forum structure, and also it's strange seeing diet plans i've never heard of that are obviously American. But i'll try my best to work it out and keep posting
Angharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A couple links to get you started, since the structure is a little tricky:

UK Fat Chicks

Vegetarian Chicks
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote