Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/216.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Here I go again

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this site, but certainly not to dieting. I managed to do relatively well last year, and lost approximately 40 pounds, but I was living abroad at the time. I moved back home, and am back living with my husband and all of it has come back plus a few. I want to catch it before it gets much worse, so here I am! I'm 28, married, and don't have any kids (but 3 very spoiled cats and 2 spoiled guinea pigs). I want to lose approximately 40 pounds by March 29th. I realize this might not be possible, since I would have to lose 2 pounds every single week to do so, but I can sure try! I hope to get to know many of you!
Beckyjen
Beckyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #2  

Smile Hey there!

I don't think 40 lbs by March is unreasonable - it will just take a lot of work.

I'm new to the boards too, but not new to weight loss - just new to giving it an honest try. I'm 33, married, no kids, but two very spoiled Chocolate Labradors who are my kids, as I'm sure you understand!

Do you find your cravings for junk food increase at night? I can resist temptation until about 1pm, then it gets very hard!!! Do you like to exercise? I HATE it!!!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

-Calley
Calley33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 PM   #3  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

Hi! I'm new to this too My name is Judy I'm 52 (ouch) I'm married I have one son who's 19 who had to help me sign up i'm just learning or trying to I have 4 spoiled cats and 1 dog. I think the Lord is sending me all these strays .I started with one cat and one dog he's old Well enough about my pets.I've struggled with my weight all my life I would like to lose about 20 lbs. or more I think I lose 5 and then gain back 10 now it's harder because of my age but I know it's not an excuse I have 2 scales the old one says one weight and the new scale I bought says another weight It's kinder it gives me a lower weight I've read 3 fat chicks for awhile but never joined I did't know how but i always read what the ladies wrote and they all seemed so nice so i asked my son the other day to do it for me I hope my posts get through because like I said this all new to me. I hope I meet alot of new friends I'm not sure where I'll be maybe I'll try them all or almost all I love those little pictures like the dancing veggies how do you guys do that they are so cute well bye for now maybe I'll get the hang of this for being old HAHA I'll try to post when I can my son is on this for hours at a time now He'll have to share more often bye Judy hope you guys get this!
Zumba Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Height: 5'3"

Default new here too

Hello! My name is Kelly and I am trying to get back on the weight loss wagon. I was doing very well until last year...I had been a faithful walker...I was up to 6 miles a day and had dropped 50 lbs but then Stress and health issues reared their ugly heads and I seem to have lost my motivation and have gained all but 17 lbs of my weight back. Needless to say "I HATE IT!!". I just recently had to have a hysterectomy so I have about 3 more weeks before I can start exercising again but I am anxious to get this weight back off! Not to mention I keep reading articles that talk about women gaining weight post hysterectomy....scary scary scary!!!! I am really looking forward to the support this site seems to offer and meeting new people like me. I have a wonderfully supportive hubby but truth be told he likes the chunkier version of me so he isn't always the best diet partner. I also have 4 kids...3 of them are teenagers so that makes losing weight even harder cause you can't have a house without snacks when you have kids....we try to keep healthier snacks here but it doesn't take long before they revolt and want sweets.

So hello to all and I look forward to getting thinner and fit with you all!
imacolor1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #5  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

HI! Kelly I just joined too. I'm not computer savy so my son did it for me I know what you mean My husband has to have his sweets & now with the holidays coming he wants me to bake all these goodies I'm glad I don't crave sweets I'm sure after you heal you will start walking again my name is Judy and I'm 52 menepausal and it seems harder to lose weight! Well welcome keep posting Ijust started this is all new to me the computer stuff that is I'm always trying to lose weight at least not gain I know I need to exercise more I'm glad other women know what we are going thru it's hard at times bye Judy
Zumba Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/see tkr/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!
MelKnee is offline   Reply With Quote