Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:31 AM   #1  

Default New here; Eat to Live, Greek Doctor Diets

Hi Everyone
I'm new here. I've been dieting since I was 12; my adult weight has fluctuated between 60 and 90kg, though mostly around 70-80; for the last several years it appeared to have stabilised around 75 but recently it's started creeping up again; this morning it was 79, with my height of 1.65 that means BMI 29.0. I've tried every diet under the sun, from Atkins to the Zone. As I grow older I seem less able to stick to any one plan longer than a few days, being perimenopausal doesn't help either, but a couple of weeks ago I got some chest pains, I'm still seeing doctors and having tests, but it's made me realise that this time I must get the weight off, and keep it off, not just for the sake of vanity but for my health. I had my first and only child at the age of 45 and I intend to be around to see grandchildren!
I teach an on-line Master's course in linguistics so my work is sedentary, though I do walk a lot as I don't have a car. I went to Curves for a while but didn't keep it up. Cooking is my hobby, unfortunately?, and I'm told that I'm a very good cook. Fortunately I don't have a sweet tooth, but I do need to work on portion control; that's my main reason for not being able to lose weight, along with a beer or two on most evenings.
My diet plan, starting today, is to do Dr Joel Fuhrman' Eat to Live Diet for the first six weeks, then switch to Dr Fedon Lindbergh's Greek Doctor's Diet for the long haul. I am Australian but have lived in Greece for 25 years (married to a Greek) so I like Mediterranean cuisine; here we are blessed with abundant and relatively cheap produce so both plans are feasible. I am wondering whether anyone else here has tried these plans, and what your experience was.
This has turned into the story of my life, sorry about such a long post. I hope I find the support here to finally lose that weight. I tried to include the banner with my weight but wasn't able to manage that; if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it.
Thank you
SunnyAngel
SunnyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi there SunnyAngel -

I haven't tried the plans, but I know there are several Eat to Live followers here, if I remember correctly.

Cooking is my hobby too, and it still can be. Honestly, for someone who really likes to cook, figuring out ways to make all of your old favorites taste GOOD, without all of the unhealthy ingredients, is a GREAT challenge, and makes the prep of every meal a mini-adventure. Or thats how it was for me. I still haven't given up my elaborate meals or tasty favorites, I just adapt them.

Weight loss ticker instructions:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote