Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #1  
artyshe

S/C/G: 200

Height: 5ft 8ins

Default Hi I've just discovered your site. It was refreshing to read some of your messages. I

:hello to all. I am just learning how to chat online. I read autumy's chat and was very glad to know that like me she has undergone major surgery. I am overweight and struggling with diet, Can anyone advise me how to start the diet.
artyshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there Artyshe . . . . . . You've definitely come to the right place for lots and lots of support and friendship as you travel the long bumpy road to better health and fitness. So glad to have you joining us . . .

This is a really big site . . . so take your time and have a good look round. I know you will receive a big welcoming wherever you decide to jump in and start posting.

Here are a couple of places you might wish to visit for a start . . .

Noticed that you are in the UK and thought you might like to chat with some other "British types" on this Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75

Also read your profile entry and noticed your age -- you are still a baby compared to me, of course -- but thought you might like to come and join us on the Age 50+ Forum . . . just click on this link, and you will be there . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=217

Hope you are having a great evening, Chickie. Hope to see you soon.

Last edited by meowee; 09-12-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: corrected typing errors
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #3  

Welcome to a wonderful site

So, you will notice on here the word "diet" isn't used too terribly much - it's a lifestyle change, because at least to me diet sounds like something you can eventually stop -- which isnt' really possible.

I've just started to make some changes -- cutting out sugar, sodas, more exercise, etc. I know after I start to lose some weight, I will definitely have to fine tune a lot.

There is Atkin's on here, LA Weight Loss, Weight Watchers, the list goes on and on -- there are so many wonderful programs, I'll sure you will find one that suits you and your lifestyle.

Good luck and welcome to the most friendly place on earth!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 AM   #4  

Welcome!!
Glad you found us!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote