Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 185lb/185lb/100lb

Height: 5'1

Lightbulb Hi im new. YoYo dieter determined to keep the weight off this time.

Hi everyone,
i am a complete yoyo dieter and have finally decided enough is enough. Ive always been obese ever since i was a baby, and being from an overweight family, it never bothered me but until i left home and moved to college, when it hit me i had to change.

I had many normal size, healthy and slim friends at college and used them as my motication to also work hard and lose weight. I managed to lose a massive 80lb over my time at college and it was the first time in my life i felt confident and attractive, as well as being more active and fit.

However, when i came home from college and moved back in with my family i soon piled the weight back on again and am now informed by my doctor that i am obese once again, only this time i am determined not to regain my weight once its lost. My main downfall is chocolate ani have a problem with portion control....i cant eat less than three bars of chocolate in one sitting or i feel unfulfilled and crave more.

I would appreciate any support from everybody on here as i am now lacking the motivation my old college friends once provided for me, Thanks,

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Frederica x
Rosabele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #2  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Default YO-yo

I also have done the yo-yo diets it get tiresome real quick.I started two years ago at 196 now down to 177 would like to be 140 I have a wee bit to go ,I do know I will get there and so will you. Glad you are here.This is a great site with a lot of supportive people in the same boat trying to row to the same shore.Hang in there.
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #3  

Awww, thankyou both of you, i can tell just from your replies that everybody on here is really nice and supportive, which is just what i need! Yeah, sweet cravings are my downfall....i know how bad this sounds but whenever i eat something sweet i cant stop until i eat the whole bag/packet/tube....its getting out of hand and i thought that having support from people in the same boat will help me alone.

Thanks everybody and Goodluck, we can all do it
Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I agree with Shy Moment, the weight watchers snacks are rather scrumptious. Chocolate Orange cake bars are my favourite but I don't know how the WW works as I do Slimming World and they are about 4 syns on my plan. You know what else is really good for curbing that craving - Options hot chocolate. On SW an 11g serving is 2 syns and it really takes the edge off the craving for me! You'd need to check with WW tho about the hot chocolate as I don't know how that would affect your weight loss
pirategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5"10"

Hey there Rosabele,

I completely understand about what its like coming from a large family. My dad he is tall and has a large frame and unfortunately I inhereted that as well. My mother has never been small with the exception when she had her gastric bypass, but she gained it all back. My sisters are obese and I am in between. I got divorced last August and lost about 40 pounds. I remarried a wonderful man and now that I am happy I have let myself slip into this comfort zone that well is not so comfortable (weight wise). Support here is great. People are looking for "buddies" to work with as am I, believe me it makes it easier when temptation turns its ugly little head. Take care!

Sugarcookie53201
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #6  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #7  
Purpleshana

S/C/G: 266/266/160

Height: 5'7

Default Purpleshana

I've been a yoyo dieter for a long time! I'm soooo tired of it! So I decided to join this support group!
I really started putting on the weight around 2000 and 2001 because of some bouts with depression, I've joined Jenny Craig about 4 or 5 times, I end up losing weight but I never get to my goal cause I get tired of the food and end up quitting. So I decided to give Weight Watchers a try since I can have more of a variety! I just started so we'll see!! My mom joined with me, even though she doesn't have much to lose, but we need accountability partners! Thank God cause I'm really having a hard time getting motivated this time!
purpleshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #8  

THANKYOU! everyone!! its so reassuring to know that im not the only one whos struggling, and when i think of you guys working hard to reach your goal weight it makes my silly little craving for chocolate seem not so bad... i feel like i can overcome it.

My first weigh-in is on Tuesday/Wednesday, im a bit nervous but we'll see