Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #1  

Default Hi Everyone!

I am new to this board. I saw an infomercial this morning and so in searching for info on it this morning, found this site. You gals have lots of great resources here and I am totally inspired reading everything you gals have shared.

I am a military wife and mom. I served in the military too, but was kicked out due to my weight. I had had a baby and they don't make a lot of allowances for women. They are truly unrealistic about it all in fact. I was given 6 months to take off the weight and be back to a weight I had a hard time maintaining before I got pregnant. I tried everything from herbal life to working out 3 times a day, 5 days a week and still couldn't meet the body fat standards (which I might add, were totally bogus in how they were calculated)

So I got out. We lived in North Dakota at the time. The weather up there is not too friendly and so most of our time was spent indoors and eating. I put on about 80 lbs in the 8 years we were there. WE have since moved to Cali and I have done a lot of different things from biking, to nightly walks to diets and even Curves.

I just had our 3rd child this past winter and have that weight on top of everything else to lose. Curves did help a lot with that and so I only have 10 lbs from this pregnancy to lose, but I have 30 from the last child I had and 4 from the child before that. So...

Right now I am walking 2-3 miles a day on a track with my friend. We go every morning right after dropping the kids off at school. I also walk to and from school twice a day to drop off and pick up my middle child who is in first grade. Often times I am carrying my youngest who is a hefty 20 lbs at 7 months old. I am trying to eat sensibly, but I am breastfeeding so there is only so far I can take the whole diet thing. I am planning to continue with the breastfeeding for at least 5 more months, unless he weans himself.

So any tips for diet plans that work and still give me what I need to breastfeed, I would truly appreciate the suggestions!!
anabellpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey AnaBellPepper - We have a whole section for pregnant and nursing mommies, and they'll have all kinds of suggestions for you, I'm sure. My go-to resource for anything baby and/or nursing related on the board is Aphil, so keep an eye out for her posts.

Other than that, just keep reading and posting. Can't wait to hear more from you soon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Glad you found the board!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote