Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150+/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile another newbie

Hello from Minnesota...i am over 150 and hating myself...i can't even admit it in fear of being "found" - sounds crazy! I am just starting to be more aggressive and consistent with working out... I have been walking for my lunches but that isn't helping...so I started at the local [tiny] gym...
I have been doing the elyptical[sp?] and the treadmill..and a few machines- alternating upper body and lower body every other day- with a few days off...[bummer!] A lady there showed me the round ball- core thing... very odd... but think i may try it agin. ? anyone use it? what do you think?
I work a ton, have a family, animals & gardens... what else? I know I need the support from this site- it looks great- I need to spend more time on it just looking around, it's huge! I don't know where to look first but I found this..I just turned 40 yesterday..so I really feel fat and old...My normal weight was 130 and my high school weight was 120..so I have a long way to go...any advice?
thanks- nice to meet all of you!
Goingtodothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5ft 4in

Well, welcome from another Minnesotan. And Happy Birthday.

Wow, I just turned 34 today and looking at our profiles (height, weight and goals) we could be twins! You have come to a great place. Something that really inspires me is looking at the goal photo album. They are very inspirational. I know how hard it is being in this part of the country where you only have a few months a year to be outside and do the "accidental" excersize (gardening, yard work, playing with the kids). Come October we all just kind of hibernate and back on that extra layer for warmth. I am already stressing about fall. Last winter I gained 10 lbs. I am still trying to loose it .

Good luck and again Welcome!!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome and happy birthday! You've taken a great first step, I hope you'll find all the support you want and need here!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:28 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Yesterday was my birthday too!!! Sounds like you have a great exercise routine going. There are a lot of great diet plans on this site, from calorie counting all the way to the more complex ones, so poke around and see what you think might work for you. I do a combination of South Beach with calorie counting and exercise thrown in and I've just been reading Bob Greene's The Best Life, which I really like as well, so I might incorporate some of his principles, too. You have to find what fits with your body.

Good luck!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote