Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #1  

Default New here...

Hello!

I am new to 3FC, just found you all today. I started a low carb lifestyle in April 2006, I lost about 50 lbs in four months, my lowest weight was 155lbs. I maintained my weight between 155 - 160 until January 07. Since then I have slowly gained some back. Mainly because I love to cook for my family and eat WITH them. Low carb works, but not being able to eat what everyone else is eating is the most difficult part. I don't get much support at work... when you work in an office and everyone wants to snack constantly throughout the day. So I am here looking for some support, so I can get back into my low carb lifestyle and reach my goal.

I work fulltime and am also in college fulltime. I love to be active and exercise. But broke my ribs 4 weeks ago and have gotten a bit depressed because I have been layed up. Dieting is only part of what we need to do to be healthy, so for me to only be able to diet and not exercise is tough. I am hoping to be able to at least begin walking (a mile or two a day) again in the next few weeks.

I look foward to chatting with you all more!!

Alison
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #2  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

hi there and welcome!

it is hard to maintain a low carb lifestyle with people around and i know where i work is NOT condusive to any diet regime at all

But the people here are VERY supportive ... so please roam the boards and come here whenever you feel you need a helping hand!
CrimsonClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:44 PM   #3  

Lowcarb seems tricky from the quick trial I gave it..I got bored with it quickly, and I'm a fussy eater, so ..*rambles*

anyway, if it works for you it works for you, and you'll find plenty of support here.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #4  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Alison, you've come to the right place. Not only will the people here not tempt you with a donut when you're dieting, but they know exactly how you feel and have been through it themselves (some of us more than a few times!).

I'm sorry to hear about your ribs - hope you feel better soon!
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #5  

Hi Alie!!

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement.

Low carb works...I'm living proof!!

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #7  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Alie!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote