Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/159/119

Height: 5'4"

Default Newbie looking to build a support system!

Hey all! My name is Katharina and I found the 3FC forums on a search for a well-rounded fitness forum that wasn't attached specifically to one company. I've been using the BeachBody programs with great success for the past few years, but recently started doing circuits out of various books (Winning By Losing, Body Sculpting Bible for Women, etc.) and finding more of my own groove, which makes posting on their forums a bit awkward! So I looked around a bit and came here.

A little about me: I was born and raised in Germany and moved to America at a pretty young age, although I still consider Europe home because all my family members and loved ones are there. I'm currently enrolled in culinary school persuing my passion for pastry and specifically cake decorating... this interferes with my weight loss pretty minimally, because I'm so used to seeing cake all the time! (My biggest weakness is actually asian food I'm currently in a long distance relationship with a great guy that has loved me at my heighest and my lowest weight and anywhere inbetween, and that is always supportive of my efforts. Hopefully we'll change to "normal" soon enough when he moves over, and that's a huge encouragement for me to get in great shape as well.

At my heighest weight I was 195 lbs., and at my lowest I was 142. I reached 142 by being consistent and working hard, but thanks to a couple of really uncontrolled visits to German family and my boyfriend, topped off with a healthy dose of only half doing my programs for a year, I'm back at 159. My goal weight is around 120 (119.9 just for vanita , but mostly I just want to look good. If I feel just as good at 125 or even 130 I'm not going to push that, it's all about the mirror for me!

I'm currently feeling very unhappy with my regained weight, and I want those low weight pants to not be snug anymore! My biggest problem diving in has been finding a good support system again like the first time I lost the weight, but I'm really encouraged reading through these boards!

I'm starting a workout regimen I put together myself the day after tomorrow (June 10th). Are there any good challenges going on or groups I could join? This is such a big forum and I'd to get some pointers in the right direction!
Ananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Anna --
I have also been looking for a smaller group within this huge network of folks. I just gained about 10 lbs (which on a 5'2" frame is quite a bit!) and can't seem to get myself back into an exercise regimen. The lowest I've been in some time is 137, which I was pretty happy with, but I am hoping to get to 125. Lowest ever was high school -- 117 (and to think I felt fat then!). But, like you, if I'm feeling healthy, then I'll be happy.

I am a graduate student in counseling psychology, living in Boston, and trying to stick to a jogging/yoga routine for now. I recently had my car stolen (which led me into a week of chaos that included lots of take-out and no exercise), but just got an adorable VW Cabrio (so we have a Germany connection, I guess!) and I want to be as cute as my car!!

What is your workout regimen? I just joined the June Fitness Challenge on the 20-somethings board, and that's nice, but it feels a little disconnected...I'm hoping to find a consistent support group...hope to hear from you!
Good luck!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote