Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #1  
FifTy5fiFtY

Unhappy NewB Needs

Hello all,
I'm new 2 the site & have recently returned 2 the habit of exercising at the end of 06. My sons were home 4 the holidays & the youngest told me that he didn't understand Y I was so committed 2 exercising & working out so hard only 2 waste it 2 drink sodas & eat chips. I then made the decision 2 change my eating habits. Mind U, all my life I'd been able 2 eat as I pleased w/exercise as my balance. Needless to say that I'm 40 yrs old now & my metabolism isn't as responsive as it was 20 yrs ago. So, I started 2 run again, changed my eating habits & went 2 C the dr 2 ensure that I was on the right track. After a billion tests, he'd found that I didn't have any medical ailments except that I was overweight & retaining water in my legs. He gave me a mild water pill that I didn't really want 2 start taking cuz I was feeling pretty good with the running & eating differently, but mostly cuz I didn't want any side effects & I wanted 2 try 2 do this as naturally as possible. He'd noted that the water pill was so mild & it wouldn't B harmful & I could take it every other day. I obliged. After a couple of months of weight loss (noticeable enough with saggy skin & loose clothes), I'd come 2 a stand still. I mean 2 nothing-ness, total & complete wall of stoppage. I felt like nothing else was happening 4 me. So I took my eating habits 2 another level - I'd already refrained from eating bread, soda, candy, junk & included fruit & veggies in my intake... so now, I took out all bread items (pasta, rice, anything white...). A few more lbs fell off, but now I'm back 2 the wall. So, a couple of weeks ago, I stepped up my exercise regiment & started running every day versus 3 days a week. I'm still feeling good, but can't pinpoint what I'm lacking or not doing right. Don't get me wrong, if I want 2 cheat, I'll cheat - have Starbucks or a scoop of ice-cream, but nothing over the top then run a little more - & can't seem 2 figure out what else there is that I can do. I think I've described my situation fully enough 2 give an idea of what I'm going thru & just wanted 2 know if any1 else was going thru or went thru anything similar &/or was/is able 2 overcome the situation. Thanks 4 any help!
fifty5fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Do you have any idea of how many calories you are consuming? You might start by tracking your food intake on fitday.com (a lot of us use that site). It also gives you a good idea of your percentages (fat, protein, carbs, fiber) and that can help, too. I suggest you record for a few days and then post a link to your fitday (you can do that through your CP above) and then we'll have a better idea of what you are eating to give you some hints and ideas.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with alinnell--just for the heck of it, track your foods and calories for awhile and see what you're eating in those terms.

It's really easy to be eating more than we think... I'd guess that most of us have had that shock now and then. "I ate HOW much???"

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote