Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Default Newbie experiencing Mid-life crisis

Ok, some of you may think this is strange, but this is the very first time I have been in any kind of chat/forum. I work(ed) on computers at work all day and just didn't want to get on off hours. Recently, though, I quit my job in corporate America. So I have been home just over a month, trying to figure out how we'll make it on one paycheck until I decide where to go from here. I turn the big 4-0 in September and just thought, what in the world am I doing in a job I hate? So, I figure, I am inventing a new me, so makes sense to shed these 24 or so pounds along with all that other baggage. Wondering how committed I really am to watching what I put in my mouth, particularly being home around food all the time. Exercise...? Well, I walked my dog this morning. I just don't feel really committed to much of anything right now except continuing this "mini-vacation" from working... Guess with my user name (beeinspired) and my weight tracker icon, I am just trying to fake until I make it.

Ciao,
beeinspired
beeinspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Well, you here, that is the important thing. You are wise to start now, if you put it off more pounds will pile on. The more you have to lose the harder it is.
I would start thinking how great you will look and how good you will feel when you start a new, terrific job.Good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for the responses... makes me feel not so alone. When I posted I wondered if anyone would actually reply. I have done Weight Watchers in the past- lost about 35 pounds, but could never get lower than 148. I lost that weight and kept it off about 4 years, but the stress of the job I just left started to contribute to me gaining about 10 pounds back. Right now I am not counting "points" but figure if I can just keep track of everything I am putting into my mouth, I will eventually start monitoring it more closely. I did take my dog for another 40 minute walk today, which again is a start. I have been a bit lost for quite a while in regards to exercise. I had a kick-boxing class that I LOVED that got cancelled and haven't found anything to replace it yet. Will just have to keep looking.

Question... how do you get your signature weight tracker code every time you post a message? I had it the first time because I had just created it, now I don't know where the code is stored so I don't have to recreate it every time?...
beeinspired is offline   Reply With Quote