3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Support and Encouragement, PLEASE..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/112427-support-encouragement-please.html)

MLPGizmo 05-11-2007 10:17 PM

Support and Encouragement, PLEASE.....

I've visited this site a few times and finally tonight decided to join up. My name is Michelle, I live in Alabama, have been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 1/2 years and we have three boys (7, 5 and 2).

I've been struggling with my weight off/on for about 10 years. I joined WW after the birth of my second son and lost about 40 pounds and was just shy of my goal when I got pregnant with my third child. He was born in April of '02and I haven't gone done since. I'm not happy with my body, my self-esteem is low, and I feel crappy all the time. I know it is my weight and the way I eat causing these things but I have such a terrible time getting motivated to actually do something about it. My worst habit is eating in front of the TV from about 8:00 until midnight every night (after the kids and hubby are all in bed).

As of last Monday my weight was up to 194 (my highest ever without being pregnant) and as of today I'm down 2 pounds. My dream weight is 145!

I know WW works for me when I dedicate myself to it so as of this past Monday I have been trying to follow the plan, although I am not actually going to the meetings. I have done exceptionally well thus far and I'm praying I can continue on this path and keep this mindset. I hope to find some encouragement and motivation from you guys.

Michelle

ibbasquish 05-11-2007 10:35 PM

Michelle welcome!!! YOU will get the weight off!!! This site is great with oooodles of WW info. I also follow WW but do not do meetings. I bought the kit and am just doing it myself. Meetings are to hard to fit in to my schedule and they really add up money wise.

Hope you post often!! I wish I knew how to knit. I once knew a lady who had lost a lot of weight and she said something that helped was knitting instead of eating while watching tv!!!! I struggle with night time munchies too!!! I like the alone time so I tend to stay up after the kiddos are in bed. Unfortunately, that partly accounts for my current size!

Good luck!!
ibbasquish

MJ83 05-11-2007 11:36 PM

Hello Michelle and Welcome. I also joined WW online, one week ago. I use to sit in front of the T.V and watch everything I recorded and eat and eat. Now I sit at the computer and read these and WW thread and only have waater in front of me. If I decide to watch my show I only have 100 calories packs and of course water. You can do it and I am here anytime to give you support or if you need to vent to anyone. Good luck!!!

Karate Lisa 05-14-2007 12:23 PM

WW too!

Hi there....I'm new to this site as well. I love it. It was recommended to me by someone from the WW threads. I also do WW Online. That works best for me...also a very supportive site. I lost about 30 pounds 2 years ago and have kept if off with exercise, but now I'm back ready to lose the rest. So far so go...I've taken off the few that I gained back plus 6.

I'm a West Coast woman living in Madison, WI. I'm divorced with two great sons, 20 & 15. My 15 year old and I live with my boyfriend and his kids (50% of the time). Life is good.

I've been taking karate for the past two years and my physical fitness ability has completely changed. I try never to miss a class...usually going 4-5 times a week. I'm currently working toward my blackbelt which I'm hoping to have next year. I've got 4 belts to go.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting new friends here. Have a great day!

wateraddict 05-14-2007 02:09 PM

welcome!

You can do this!!!