3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hi guys, I'm almost ready to get started... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/112389-hi-guys-im-almost-ready-get-started.html)

use2Bfit 05-11-2007 01:15 PM

Hi guys, I'm almost ready to get started...

...A couple of months ago I got really sick and lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks (from not being able to keep food down). After I got better I have been :wave: :wave: trying to keep it off. I do good for a day or two and then I go back to my old ways. Eating breads, olives, cheeses and worst of all...drinking. I feel so deprived when I give any of this up. Stress is a little high right now too as we are about to put our house and farm up for sale, we have already bought another house and farm 5 hours south, so I'm trying to upkeep 2 properties. Anyway, I accidentally found this site and thought it might just be a good place to start.

mandalinn82 05-11-2007 01:33 PM

Use2Bfit - welcome. This place is great for motivation.

If I may make a suggestion, you might want to try calorie counting. I am one of those people that if I feel I am not "allowed" something, I want it even more...this may be the root of why you feel deprived when you can't have some of your favorite foods. With calorie counting, you can have all of those things, you just have to count their calories in your day. Olives are full of good fats and are actually a fairly healthy food, if a little high in fat/cals You can find reduced fat cheese, or just have small portions of full-fat cheeses, so long as you count it. Same with bread - you can use light breads, or you can have smaller portions of baguettes, ciabatta, or any other bread you might want. So long as your total calories for the day are under what you burn that day though living and exercise, you will lose weight.

I normally eat foods that are very high volume compared to the amount of calories that they contain simply because I like to eat a lot, so I don't have the high cal treats or drink very often...but it helps me to stay motivated to know that if I want ANYTHING, even if its high-cal or not as good for me, I can have it...I just have to make room for it in my day. That means that most days I DON'T crave those high-cal treats, because I know that if I could have them if I really wanted to. And exercise, combined with watching my total calories, has taken me this far, and it works.

Anyway, look around and keep posting. We are here for support!

wateraddict 05-11-2007 01:58 PM

welcome!

congrats on the 13lbs you have lost already :)

use2Bfit 05-12-2007 12:13 PM

Thank you, yes I think I'll try the calorie counting way this time. :carrot: :broc: