Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/314.4/279 (short-term)

Height: 5'5"

Default New member

Hi, I'm Vicky. I am 18 and from England. I decided to join this forum as I heard great things about it from someone.

My highest weight was 355lb last June... between then and March 14th, I lost 15lb very slowly (without doing very much). But since March 14th, I have lost 21lb making my current weight 319lb.

My first goal is to get to 279lb. I don't really have a "deadline" in mind - could anyone suggest a reasonable time to aim for?

Thanks!
Vicky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Vicky and

I'm not going to suggest a timeline for you but I know a few places on this site that might be able to help.

If you go to the support groups section you could have a look at the 300+ club or the 100lb club. Those gals really know what they're talking about. Also check out the UK fat chicks forum which is the next one down after introductions.

Take a good long look around the site and read and post loads - you'll soon find where you're most comfortable and well done on losing a stone and a half so far!

Last edited by Doughnut; 04-20-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #3  

Thanks Dougnut!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Vicky - Welcome to 3FC! I am a 300+ board regular and I welcome you to come over there and check it out. We have both a few younger people and also a few from the UK.

Congratulations on your loss so far. You are doing great! I definitely find it helps so much to have support by people who really understand what you are going through.

As far as how much you can lose in a given time, that really depends. A 2-pound a week average is a good place to start. Those with more to lose can often lose more quickly, but there are so many factors. I find that giving myself time based goals is counterproductive because if I don't meet them I feel really bad about it. The important thing is getting there in the end - not how long it ends up taking.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #5  

Thank you Nancy! That's a good point actually. I'll head over to the 300+ board now.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Vicki, welcome to the board. You have done a great job so far in losing weight.

I am in the 300+ section of the board for the most part. It is a good place for some support.

Good luck with your continued weight loss.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote