Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #1  

Default may i join?

hey there. i am new here. I have about 50lbs to lose. I live in Illinois, have a 13yo dd, and a 18m ds. I cant wait to get to know you all!!!!
jaykersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi jakersmom!

Welcome!

You have found an AWESOME place! 3FC is a wonderful community of very supportive people! Take your time reading, and post wherever you want. Do you have a plan in mind for how you are going to lose your weight?

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/266/154

Default Hello

Just like to say hi to everyone. New to the site but not to weight loss!

Seem to have been overweight nearly all my adult like and can't imagine what I would look like at normal weight. Hope to made some good like minded friends and lose the 100 lbs I desperately need to lose.

Hunney

X +
hunney1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #4  

well, I try to drink half my weight in water. that is a big thing for me as i was never much of a water drinker. I also eat wholegrains, and like to up my fiber lots. my mom has comon cancer and i was told by the dr that while it can be herditary, it also has to do with your eating habits, so to up the fiber. no fast food for me either. thats my starters that i want to commit to now. oh and of course exercise. In april i will start a cardio-kickboxing class at my local ymca. and for now, i am starting pilates and using my treadmill. I want to be a healthier me for me and for my children. so i can be around and watch them grow and watch my grandchildren someday grow up. so i just want to be healthier. thanks for welcoming me here.
jaykersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Hunney1963!

Welcome!

Come join a bunch of us at the 100 lb. club!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/190/138

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Hi everyone,

I'm new, too. Not to dieting, LOL, just to 3fatchicks.

I've returned to low carb. I lost all of my weight (95 pounds of it) four years ago, and was loving life. I let life's stresses, my health nut husband, and my doctor convince me that living low carb would kill me.

Now I've got fifty pounds back, my blood pressure is creeping back up, the arthritis in my feet that vanished on Atkins has returned, and I feel like I'm hauling around a baby elephant in my gut. We won't START on the related depression!

After two months of Nutrisystem (gag me with a cardboard cookie), I've lost only five pounds. So, five days ago, I returned to the diet that worked for me--Atkins--figuring nothing could be more unhealthy for me than carting around fifty pounds of fat. I've lost five pounds, a pound a day, which is consistent with the kinds of numbers I got the last time I did Atkins. I'm not hungry. I zipped my size 14 jeans with ease today....so its coming off of my gut instead of my boobs. (Not that I couldn't stand to lose a couple of cup sizes...)

Anyhow, I wanted to say hello, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.
Starmuser is offline   Reply With Quote