Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/186/126

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi! New here~

Hello! I stumbled onto this site and have been so inspired by the fantastic success stories I've read here. Wow!!! Like most of you, I'm sick and tired of yo-yo'ing through the years and am really ready to finally let this excess weight GO!

I mostly enjoy exercising and tend to favor healthy diets that are low in refined carbs but high in low-GI vegetables and fruits, lean proteins, etc. It's the portion sizes I guess I'm having trouble with. Not to mention the unauthorized cheat days!

Hoping to get to know you all and have fun while offering and receiving support.
Faye Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and welcome!

Portion control is SO important...you'll find lots of support for whatever plan you decide on here. You might want to check out our Whole Foods forum, or join us in the exercise accountability thread and post whenever you exercise...it really helps me to keep up a routine.

Hope to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck. There are a lot of great people here. Keep posting it helps. I learn something new everyday. When I started back in January I had just read YOU on a diet by Dr. Oz and Roizen. Since reading all the different posts I read Superfoods Rx and Superfoods Healthstyle by Dr. Pratt, and many health and nutrition magazines. Everything I have read makes me one pound closer to goal. Great books.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Faye!

Welcome! Ahhhhh! PORTION CONTROL! That has ALWAYS been my problem! I have always eaten very healthy foods; I just ate WAAAAAAAY to much/many of them!!!

Within the last month I have started putting all of my food and exercise onto FitDay. It is free and easy to do. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out!

www.FitDay.com

Until I actually recorded everything I ate and the AMOUNTS and measured foods that I was eating instead of eyeballing the amounts, I stayed on a plateau for EIGHT MONTHS!!!! After logging onto FitDay daily for about a month, I have been able to lose seven pounds that I was unable to lose before.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote