3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello from New York State (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/104546-hello-new-york-state.html)

rosemarie0007 02-12-2007 10:36 PM

Hello from New York State

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for several months now and finally got myself registered.

I am 5'6" and weigh 170. My weight has been fluctuating between 165 and 175 for the last 2 to 3 years. I have had to lose weight several times in my life, but this time I am really getting sick of trying. In the past I have always managed to lose 15 to 20 pounds easily and keep it off. I remember my very first diet at the age of 20. It was "my own", and it worked really well. Next at the age of 25 I did slim fast, and it worked great again. Next at the age of 38 I did WW, and it worked great again, I even got recognized for losing 15. Yay.

I met my second husband a few years ago. We went to a lot of restaurants. I am 43 now. My husband and his children have no weight issues. The kids even eat a lot of sugar. I exercise with my rottie a lot and go hiking. I have a gym membership, but don't go regularly. I would say I exercise maybe 4 hours a week. I also have an active job , housecleaning. We buy mostly organic. I lost 10 with WW and gained 5 back. I also have tried atkins and my own but I just can't get below 165.

So the latest is I bought some meridia. I am willing to take the risks rather than be 30 pounds over weight. I would like to weigh 140 or less. Yes, I've researched it and it seems like its worth trying.

I know part of the problem is trouble with addictions.

So I figure starting tomorrow, cut back or eliminate addictions, take meridia, use slim fast, healthy food, smaller portions and more exercise, even if I can get to 160 that should at least get me back on track.

-Elaine

Bean87 02-12-2007 11:34 PM

welcome welcome! I too hail from new york...and props on getting to your diet goals and aspirations. I'm not familiar with meridia...is it a type of diet pill?

trekkiegirl 02-12-2007 11:52 PM

How cool is this? Three New Yorkers here in this thread...Elaine, Elle and Ellie! :D

Hey from New Yawk City! :hug:

srmb60 02-13-2007 08:08 AM

Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for inspiration, tips and help. Tell us a little more about what you like to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.

rosemarie0007 02-14-2007 05:02 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Day two on meridia, I think it is pretty strong stuff, thankfully I didn't
go back to my 175 TOM weight. I was 169 this morning. I also exercised almost every day this week, and am having two slimfasts a day and a couple of snacks and a main meal at night. I am getting PMS really bad. My chest becomes painful and heavy and I can see the weight in my face. I wonder if I can take medicine for this? I have to go to the doctor.

For exercise I like to hike, jog, (getting back in to it after recent knee surgery)
I actually was up to six miles and was running races a year a go. I will be going on a ski trip in a couple weeks. I also go to the gym and work on the cybex,
treadmill and weights. I plan on at least try to increase these workouts. and I like to horseback ride, swim, and hike with my rottweiler, Damien.

In the eating department, I do some things right. I don't eat any fast food and I don't eat anything fried. I eat mostly natural food. I think my major problem is too many drinks at night and too large a portion at night. I also am recently remarried and I have to cook for my husband and stepson. That is a problem. If I just ate a lean cuisine or salad I would be fine but I have to work and cook around food. And I have a hard time cooking without wine!
I also don't eat many desserts. I also don't like fruit. I usually drink the water every day too.

So any helpful tips or advice for my situation would be great. I think the multiple diets and my age are playing a role, so any advice for jumpstarting my metabolism would be great. I am hoping the meridia will help.

-Elaine