Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/155

Height: 5'6''

Talking Newbie Aboard!

Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy and I'm new to the group and very glad that I stumbled upon you. I joined WW 4 wks ago with some friends at work. I did great the first 2 wks by losing 3 and then 1 lb but now I stuck! I've done WW before and lost 21 lbs after losing 18 on my own first. So I know that it really works! But I can't seem to stay motivated this time. So I am sooooo glad that I found ya'll so I can get ideas and motivation all in one. I look forward to being a part of the team.

kp2nms
kp2nms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome aboard! I stay motivated by watching the scale go down, however it doesn't always go the way I want it to. I know, tho that if I eat right , watch the calories and exercise it will move in the right direction. I have been successful with WW but am doing calorie counting now,Do what works best for you. I plan all meals ahead of time and log every bite, this is good no matter what plan you use.I also think in 10 pound increments and give myself a treat ( not food) at every 10 pound loss, somethong like a pair of earrings, a new houseplant, something for the patio, perfume, bubble bath , something like that.Good luck, you CAN do it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! You've come to the right place for inspiration, tips and help. Tell us a little more about what you like to eat and do for exercise and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #4  

Smile

Thanx for the welcome. Sorry for the delay in replying it's been a little hectic and not much time for the computer. I am still trying to learn my way around this site-- so much to look at and so little time! I'm a big fan of WW, especially since it's really the only thing I know. I am doing the flex plan right now. Thought about trying the core but not sure yet. I am up for any and all suggestions!! I did read on here somewhere about a pedometer from Omron. I bought one and wore it to work to see how much walking I could get in. Didn't quite make the 10,000 mark (a little over 7500). But I'm excited about it cause it keeps me focused a little more. Once again thanks for the welcome and I appreciate any and all advice! Have a blessed day.
By the way, I love the little scales everyone puts at the bottom of there posts, gonna see if I can figure that out.

Hope to see less of yall next time

Kathy
Old 02-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #5  
NurseBettie

S/C/G: 245/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kathy...Welcome!
I'm new too. I'm starting a low-carb plan tomorrow at a clinic. I need that extra kick in the pants (size 18 for now) everyday to keep me accountable. I've found that the low-carb plans work best for me to get the weight off. Now I just have to find a plan that works best to KEEP it off.
Good luck!
NurseBettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #6  

Hi NurseBettie,
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like there's a lot of newbies on here. I know what you mean by accountable. I tried doing WW by myself during the time I was changing jobs and what a mistake!! I stayed at the job for 2 months and gained 13 pounds!! Talk about hating a new job. Needless to say I went back to my old job at the hospital and started going back to WW. Hopefully, I will get back on track. Is the low carb plan you're doing Atkins? I tried that with little success. Unfortunately, I wasn't real sure of it when I tried it. Good luck tomorrow at the clinic, I'm sure all will go well. I'll check in on you later in the week to see how it went!!

I also see you are from Atlanta. I guess you could say we're neighbors! My Aunt and Uncle just moved from there about a year ago. I use to go there every summer on vacation!

Good Luck and God bless,
Kathy

Old 02-14-2007, 01:33 AM   #7  
NurseBettie

S/C/G: 245/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kathy,

The plan I'm going with is called Quick Weight Loss, a franchise here in Georgia. It's a lot like other low-carb plans...low-carb, lean proteins, vegis, protein & vitamin supplements, etc.

I just moved to Atlanta 7 months ago from East Texas, but I'm originally a California gal...probably always will be at heart. I like it here, but I'm sure not looking forward to the humid summers. Of course, the humidity was bad in E. Texas too. This California gal just can't seem to get used to it! lol

Tricia
NurseBettie is offline   Reply With Quote