Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 6'2

Default Help! New mom with stubborn baby FAT!:(

I'm new to this.. probably obvious but here goes...Ok, so here is my story... I had my son June 9th 2006. I started at 170 ( I'm 6'2) and I gained 58lbs with him. when I had him I was 209! I am 21 and be4 I got pregnant I was between 160-165. I gained a lil weight b4 I got pregnant and then just kept on gaining. A lot of the gain was due to me getting pre-eclampsia(sp?) which caused me to gain more than I should have. Well, I lost 20lbs 1 week after I had him and then was stuck. In July a friend told me about a weightloss pill she took and lost 30lbs with. So, I started taking phenteramine(sp?) on July 14th. Within 3 months or so I had got down to 180.. so about 30lbs of weight was gone..I was losing it for my wedding in Oct. Well, after I got married I kinda lost my drive to lose and started eating like there was no tomorrow. I gained back like 10 lbs. I started my whole diet/ workout plan almost 2 weeks ago and I am down to around 186. I had taken a break from the pills and started those back up as well. I am really having a hard time staying motivated and on track. I start with good intentions, but it only lasts for like a week then I start eating bad again. I love coke and have a hard time only drinkin water. We just moved and now I live about 25 mins away from the gym I go to. So, it is so much harder for me to get the motivation to make myself drive there. Also with my 7 month old and the 2 year old boy I watch during the day plus online school.. it's hard for me to find time. I really need some tips on how to eat better and what kind of work outs really work for the mid section.. cuz that is where all my fat likes to gather. I used to have a really nice toned body and now I hate it. I feel so gross when I look in the mirror and I want to lose it so bad. I told myself that I would lose it all be4 my son turns one.. well I have til June 9th and it will be here b4 I know it. I need some one who is in my shoes or has had trouble losing the baby weight but did it. Having a baby is the greatest thing in the world, but I really want to look better and have more confidence in myself. So, if anyone wants to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry this is so long, but I really needed to let all this out. I try telling my hubby how I feel about my body, but he just tells me that I look great and he loves my body.. Sweet, I know, but I feel like that is just his job to tell me that and is only trying to make me feel better. Ok, Im really done writing now. I hope someone will take the time to read this and will respond. I really need a friend or just someone to listen.
Love,
Jennifer
TeagansMommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome Jennifer. Getting married was when I started gaining so much weight too. I thought I could eat like my husband.

You might try the 20-somethings forum. You will probably find others who are trying to lose baby weight there too.

Good luck with what you're doing! You can do it!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Height: 6'2

Default Thanks

Thanks Tammy for replying. I will go check out that forum.
Jennifer
TeagansMommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote