Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #1  

Unhappy desperate to lose

I am so tired of losing and gaining it back .I need some support .I am 57 years old 5ft. 3 was 235lbs I lost 30 lbs. in about a year gained back 17 lbs this past 3 months because I had to give up my work out progam because of bad knees and hips . PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO I NEED HELP !

Last edited by rubby; 01-23-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: mistake...
rubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/225/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi. I highly recommend the new You On a Diet book by Dr. Oz and Dr. Rozen or The Best Life Diet book by Bob Greene. They are both great! I have lost 12 pounds since following the guidelines in You On a Diet...I started Jan. 1. I have lost 45 since starting last Janyuary.
MelodyAM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/147/130

Height: 5'4

I got the You: On a Diet on CD. I put it on my mp3 player and listen to it while I'm on the treadmill

I'm glad you are here. It is a great start to losing weight and gaining YOU!

~jblossom

jblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #4  
Just Do It!

Wink help is on the way!

I don't know if you have access to a pool, but swimming seems like the best solution for you- its like no impact and its cardio to get ur motor running! Its great for sore joints as well- and contrary to what most people think it actually burns fat Otherwise a cross-trainer is really great (the gym equip. eh) cause its low impact as well- nice on your knees/hips etc.

Good Luck!! You can do it!!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #5  

Hey Rubby (LOVE the name), my very first piece of advice for you is don't be down on yourself!! Turn that frown upside down (amazingly enough I'm in my 20's and still use that phrase), sad isn't it? I am 5ft 3 too by the way. But anyway, I just wanted to tell you that the surest way to fail is to not believe in yourself so make sure you have a positive attitude and believe even though sometimes it is horribly hard. As has been mentioned above walking and swimming are wonderful ideas. You could also consider free weights, low impact cardio machines like an eliptical trainer and also many gyms have classes designed for low impact on joints so you might want to look into that. And last but not least if you ever need someone to talk to about anything, diet, life etc. feel free to ask me.
Take care and Good Luck!
Elizabeth04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  

Hi Elizabeth ,so glad to get your post .Thanks for the encouragement I need it .Yes I will try again and I will keep trying until I suceed.My DR. says it is o.k. for me to use my treadmill as long as I keep it at a slow speed .I have also cut out all sugar from my diet and no white bread etc. I KNOW THIS WILL WORK RUBBY
rubby is offline   Reply With Quote