Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default Newbie from NJ :)

Hi everyone... My name is Christine...im 35 and live in NJ with my DH of 16 months Dan.... since we got married I've been a stay-at-home-wife.... for the first year, i didnt do much for myself... i just basically hung around the apartment or went grocery shopping (or to Bingo) with my mom.... during the first year of our marriage i must have gained an additional 40 pounds...not good considering I was already over 200 pounds to begin with..... then Christmas didnt help either with all those sweet treats around.... When my mom got her membership to the local Y for free (through her heathcare and the fact that she's a senior) I decided to join with her... well Ive been going 2 times a week for an hour a each time... (i know i should go more but i just cant go by myself)....so anyways, i go and do the treadmill for 20 mins, the elliptical for 5 (im slowly building up my time on that) and the rowing machine for 5, plus im also doing some weight training.. Ive also changed my eating habits, im eating smaller healthier meals 3-4 times day (usually a bowl of oatmeal in the morning. 2 salads during the day and a nice dinner when hubby comes home) but im not losing any weight... i dont know what im doing wrong, i just cant seem to lose anything... i did lose 1 pound according to the scale last Monday but guess what, when I weighed myself today I gained that pound plus 1/2 a pound!! and I havent done anything different....UGHHHH!!!...its sooo discouraging....sometimes i just want to give up and say screw it but i need to get healthier especially if I want to have kids!!!
Any advice?
ChrisMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I suggest you start tracking your calorie intake on www.fitday.com
to get a better understanding of what you are eating.You have already started on the road to a healthier you.Results from exercising can take up to 6weeks to show.You need to get your heart rate up to burn fat.Calories in vs calories out.Fitday can also help figure out how many calories you are burning with your exercise.Keep at it,don't give up it will be worth it in the end.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote