My second Time around

• hi, my name is Jenny and this is my second time at this site. The first time hardly counts because i started the sugar buster lifestyle for about a week and then got pregnant. My cravings overwhelmed me so i gave up.

I"ve always been chubby, but as i grew into adulthood, the chubbiness turned into fat. The pounds have steadily been accumulating for the past 10 years. After the birth of my first child i lost the pregnancy weight which put me back at my original weight, which was still overweight. The pregnancy with my second was a nightmare. I craved sugar and it showed. I was up to 250 pounds the day i delivered and only 25 lbs of it was "baby weight".

Shortly after i recieved some shocking news. My mother found out that her father was not her biological father. Her real father died of heart failure at 35. His heart just literally stopped ticking one day. That is very scary news since my mom is obese and confided in my she has been having chest pains and i am obese.

I decided then and there that i was going to do something about it. I've been unhappy for too long and my biggest fear is to see my daughter be overweight like me. I want to be a positive healthy role model.

I tackled my fear of scales and bought one and weighed myself so i could own the number. My weight was 225. I'm not happy with it but at least i can't ignore it anymore.

I'm not on a diet so to speak. I've cut back portions, cooking healthier things, and i'm trying to be more active. I've also given up all beverages except water. I've always loved water so i'm taking advantage of it.

I started last week and now i weigh about 220. I know its mostly water weight, but i was amazed at how a difference of 5 pounds pushed me just a little farther, kept me from splurging.

My husband is also supportive of me for the first time. He has decided to cut back his beer consumption and he pulled his weight bench out of the garage.

I have a good feeling about this time. it has taken me five years but i think i finally understand the concept that weight loss is not temporary, its a lifestlye. My mini goal is to fit inside a size 14...the size i was when the weight started building about 10 years ago. I'm in an 18w-20w now.

wish me luck
  • Oh well said!! Thinking of a lifestyle change will really help, I think!

Welcome!!!
  • I'm new and am also a size 18w. I'm 5'4" so I'd love to get to 135lbs by Sept of this year (a very attainable goal). I now weigh 205 lbs. I've lost 25 lbs on weight watchers before and learned many things from that program. It teaches you portion control. I may go back...still deliberating. As for now I will eat more healthy and excercise daily. I'm 48 and have never lost my weight from my 3 pregnancies. My baby is now 17 yrs old so I can't blame him any more. Good Luck to you & lets try to keep in touch.