Old 01-03-2024, 11:43 AM   #16  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Well, I had my WI #7 yesterday - still trudging along - I haven't gained anything over the holidays, but was pretty stagnant...but I know why, I wasn't exactly at my best over the holidays - I did lose 1lb so I've got that going for me! I got "loose", especially over Christmas/NYE time, didn't journal or weigh myself (I like to keep in check at home) and I did drink wine. But whether or not it's cliche, I'm taking Jan 1 as my restart and so far Day #1-3 is 100%!

I'm taking the "no gain over December" as a win and trudging through...I have book club tonight at a new restaurant/wine bar, but have already looked at the menu to choose my dinner. I told everyone about my Dry January pledge (then a Dry February pledge, etc.).I do have a cruise in March that I am using as my big benchmark - I want to talk to my coach about taking a "low carb break" then. But I only want to do that given that I'm 100% until then.

I do think starting back w/the coach was the right move for me - any other time I've tried to restart alone I gave up by now - I need this accountability, and hey - for my holiday slip ups I'm down 16lb (and counting)!

Last edited by LizRR; 01-03-2024 at 12:02 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:50 PM   #17  
Kate

S/C/G: 186/186/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Let's try this again!

Hello! I am restarting IP after being very successful with it over 12 years ago. After over a decade of life since (having my 3rd child, painful divorce, 2 torn ACLs, demanding career, stress, etc., etc.) I went from 110 lbs. on my 5'0" frame to 186 lbs.! That is a lot of weight for my tiny frame!

I am DONE: being sore and out of breath, avoiding intimacy, suffering from GI issues and depression. I WANT to: have energy, enjoy the in-ground pool we put in this past summer that I avoided, enjoy social events again, wear great clothes again and enjoy how I look!

At 44, I am truly ready to take control of so many things in my life, including my health. My WHY: My three children rely on me and I need to regain my health to ensure I'm around for a very long time. My children, partner and I deserve the happiest and healthiest version of myself. Life is far too short to spend it miserable, uncomfortable and wearing clothes that don't look good!

I am intimidated by my numbers and terrified that I will fail! I would love to find an accountability buddy if anyone is interested!

knoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:26 PM   #18  

Oh I totally feel you knoe ... I turn 50 in July and was also very successful 10+ years ago (and also ballooned up after my 3rd kid + Covid + 2 knee surgeries). I tried restarting several times alone and definitely need accountability - I went back w/a coach and had WI#8, my longest streak to date. My HBP came back (I had tamed it before) and I want to feel comfortable in my skin again.

I had a "100% On Program Week" and am down -4! This makes it officially 20lb lost - I've gotten back into a routine with my meal prep and am teaming up with a friend to go back to the gym to start a light weightlifting class (Bodypump) that I used to really enjoy. I'm taking baby steps - now I need to work on my sleep routine, still not the best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoe View Post
Hello! I am restarting IP after being very successful with it over 12 years ago. After over a decade of life since (having my 3rd child, painful divorce, 2 torn ACLs, demanding career, stress, etc., etc.) I went from 110 lbs. on my 5'0" frame to 186 lbs.! That is a lot of weight for my tiny frame!

I am DONE: being sore and out of breath, avoiding intimacy, suffering from GI issues and depression. I WANT to: have energy, enjoy the in-ground pool we put in this past summer that I avoided, enjoy social events again, wear great clothes again and enjoy how I look!

At 44, I am truly ready to take control of so many things in my life, including my health. My WHY: My three children rely on me and I need to regain my health to ensure I'm around for a very long time. My children, partner and I deserve the happiest and healthiest version of myself. Life is far too short to spend it miserable, uncomfortable and wearing clothes that don't look good!

I am intimidated by my numbers and terrified that I will fail! I would love to find an accountability buddy if anyone is interested!
Old 01-09-2024, 09:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

LizRR I remember you. I am back for a second go also.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 11:35 AM   #20  

Bellamack sadly this is actually my THIRD time around - I was at the end of my second round (post-baby #3) when Covid struck and I just lost all my progress (and then 2 knee surgeries in 2 years). In between then and now I'd been trying to do it solo, but I need accountability. I was wondering whether it was stupid or smart to start the week before Thanksgiving/Christmas/NYE holiday streak, but I guess it was a good move - my losses were pretty abysmal (I also wasn't exactly staying On Plan a lot of the time), but I didn't gain and was able to get/keep a 16lb loss in that timeframe. January-March is a nice and boring streak of time I'm hoping to see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
LizRR I remember you. I am back for a second go also.

Last edited by LizRR; 01-10-2024 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #21  

Whoo-Hoo! Dropped into another decade - it was a bad week but I was mostly OP, we were "iced in" for a few days in Dallas and I ran low on veggies. Being stuck inside the house for a 4-day weekend wasn't great, but we made it! I'm back to my normal routine and dropped 2lb. I can tell that I'm holding on to some water weight (about to start my cycle), so hopefully I'll get a nice number next WI (although I am very happy with my -2lb loss!). I'm going to start back with my Bodypump weightlifting class on Sunday - it's been YEARS since I have worked out and it's something I used to really enjoy. I also want to step up my walking, I always go on Saturday mornings, but need to get in some weekdays too.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:44 AM   #22  

Woo-Hoo! Had a nice WI today, -4lb with a total of -26lb lost so far. As suspected, I started my cycle after last WI, so that was part of the loss - but I'll take it! I've restocked my veggies and they had my favorite Buffalo Ranch Puffs back in stock finally so I got the 2 boxes she had along with some Cranberry Oatmeal. Finally they are back in stock with a lot of Ideal Protein items - I guess IP was bought out and there were some supply chain issues. I would steer more towards the IP products mostly, but the selection was limited before - much better this week. Now I need to hold strong over the weekend! I also started walking after work on my treadmill (2mi). In the past I used to be fairly active and have become pretty sedentary since Covid (I need a partner/group to motivate me). It cuts in to my snuggle time w/the kids, but I'm trying to wake up early and get it done then, I'm a natural night owl so that's the challenge (but I'm telling myself that if I don't get it in the morning, then I have to do it at night regardless). It's not strenuous at all, but I do need new shoes! I skipped last Sunday's weight lifting but I will be there THIS Sunday, one thing at a time....
Old 02-11-2024, 11:34 AM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

Hello!

I am doing a major restart starting tomorrow Monday 2/12/24. I want to post daily - just to check in. I would love some company. I have been planning this for a few days and I am ready to go! I have been walking every day using my fitbit and I will continue that. But I need to get my eating under control. Is there anyone around?

Have a great day and see you tomorrow!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 04:02 PM   #24  

Hello -

I am back. On Day 2 and doing good.. Waving to anyone out there! I have been reading a lot of past posts here. There were many very successful people and its nice to read the different posts. Take care!
Old 02-14-2024, 04:11 PM   #25  

Hi again - Happy Valentine's Day!! 💖💖💖

Day 3 and all is well. I will keep posting daily if I can. My walking is good - lots of steps. Wishing everyone a good day! Take care.
Old 02-18-2024, 05:09 PM   #26  

Still here and still doing good! Waving to anyone out there - have a great day!!
Old 02-20-2024, 05:12 PM   #27  

Hello -

Doing good - hope others are doing good too! Have a great day!!
Old 03-01-2024, 04:28 PM   #28  

Hi,

Had some issues so doing a restart tomorrow - 3/2/2024. I am going to start a new thread for Spring/Summer 2024. Need to get out of the "winter state of mind"!
Old 03-04-2024, 11:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 167/167/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello to all,

I recognize some names on here (I had a different user name my first time on IP 2010-2012). I kept it off and did very well until 2019. After divorce, pregnancy losses, 3 major moves from East Coast back to West Coast, a bad car accident, back surgery and working remotely (still am), my weight has finally crept back up, so I am ready to go back on IP as it was the only plan that ever worked for me. I want to get this under control before it gets worse. I have a gym membership I barely use and basically carb graze all day while I work.

I'm motivated and ready to change. The Naturopathic Doctor I used to see for IP is no longer using IP, so I am shopping for an online doctor. Any one else use an online clinic or are you going to a clinic near your home? I found a place online called Biolntelligent Wellness that carries a good variety of IP products to purchase online but I also see many of the soups, drinks and puddings (pretty much phase 1) are not available.

For those who were on it a long time ago and recently returned, are the products different and did the diet plan change? Would you see an online clinic or should I look for one near me?

Thanks for your help! I'm looking forward to restarting and hoping to reach my goal (-32 pounds) by mid summer. I forgot how great this community was for support and recipe ideas!
RachelleWrites is offline   Reply With Quote