Old 04-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Novak - you are doing great!! WOO-HOO!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:48 AM   #3  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Looks like you're really rockin' it Cactus! Keep up the great work.

Novak
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #4  

Thanks so much Novak! I feel like I am in a groove and going to ride it out! I may space out my weigh-ins even more to once a month. That works best for me so I don't get discouraged because I know overall the weight goes up and down daily!

How are you doing?
Old 04-09-2022, 03:33 PM   #5  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Pretty consistently on a downward trend. Lost 19 pounds as of this morning, and I am good with that. As I mentioned, I weigh in daily. We are opposites in that regard!
Old 04-10-2022, 08:57 AM   #6  

Default Staring again!

I just can’t seem to stay in my target weight after I phase off. I always gain 10-15 pounds. It’s very frustrating. Thank you for this thread. Just venting. Tomorrow is day one
Cheerio40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:27 PM   #7  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Hi, Cheerio! The first step is the most important, so good on you for that. I don't know if you've done much reading on the site, but I recommend you go to the first sticky and read through the 12 pages entitled "Life After Phase 1".

There were lots of people here back then, all learning how to negotiate this new Ideal Protein program. Among them are some real success stories from folks who put a lot into figuring out what comes after making their goal, and how to successfully get back into real life. Also, I posted extensively in a visit after 5 years of maintenance. That is a separate string, dated 2015, which gets into how to handle NOT gaining back after the program is over. When I finally decided to start again this March, I came back and read through those early postings to get my head in the game.

Anyway, even now it helped me, so I'm putting it out there. Given the dearth of active participants now, it was great to recall what we all went through at the beginning. This is the place to vent. Good luck kicking things off tomorrow. Be positive!
Old 04-13-2022, 06:00 AM   #8  

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Hi, Cheerio! The first step is the most important, so good on you for that. I don't know if you've done much reading on the site, but I recommend you go to the first sticky and read through the 12 pages entitled "Life After Phase 1".

There were lots of people here back then, all learning how to negotiate this new Ideal Protein program. Among them are some real success stories from folks who put a lot into figuring out what comes after making their goal, and how to successfully get back into real life. Also, I posted extensively in a visit after 5 years of maintenance. That is a separate string, dated 2015, which gets into how to handle NOT gaining back after the program is over. When I finally decided to start again this March, I came back and read through those early postings to get my head in the game.

Anyway, even now it helped me, so I'm putting it out there. Given the dearth of active participants now, it was great to recall what we all went through at the beginning. This is the place to vent. Good luck kicking things off tomorrow. Be positive!
Do you remember me ? Been on here for years I used to be classykaren. Yes this site used to be hoping? What happened facebook?
Oppaloopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #9  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Default Oppaloopa

I don't recall "classykaren", but I'm sure you are as classy as ever! Don't know where (or if) IP folks still have a significant internet presence these days, though it is obviously not here!

No matter. I reached my 20 pound mark this morning, and I know what I need to do to continue toward my goal. As long as I am mentally in the game, it's just a steady march to the finish line. Another 30 pounds would be terrific, but we'll see how may body adjusts along the way.

Novak
Old 04-15-2022, 03:22 PM   #10  

Hi guys!

Hope everyone is doing good! I am hanging in there and very happy with the results. I feel like I am going to make it!! My last weigh in was 3/30 and I am going to wait until May 1. I will go back to weighing the 1st of the month after that. It works for me!

Have a wonderful weekend ahead and Happy Easter to all who celebrate! It will be a good day!!
Old 04-17-2022, 07:15 AM   #11  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

You are doing awesome, Cactus!

I've lost 21 pounds as of this morning, but more importantly, my blood pressure is down significantly since starting the diet. I have stopped one medication entirely, and reduced the other by 75%. This happened my first time around as well, so I am pleased to get this result so quickly.

Best to anyone out there who might be quietly on this IP journey but check in from time to time.

Novak

Old 04-23-2022, 02:31 PM   #12  

That is SO great Novak! My BP has been giving me issues and I am currently on 2 medications. Hoping by mid summer I can get off them!

I am doing good - pretty much the same day in and day out, but I am OK with that! I will weigh in on May 1st so that is exciting!

Have a fantastic day! Keep up the great work!! Waving Hi to anyone else out there!!
Old 04-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #13  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Thanks, Cactus. I had a little up and down over the last week, then a nice drop got me to 25 pound loss. That is my halfway point, so I continue to be very motivated. Yesterday I switched from size 14 to size 10 jeans, and I have now stopped all BP meds. Feeling good, energy level up.

Can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes on the 1st!

Novak
Old 04-29-2022, 11:17 PM   #14  

Default Middle of week 3, very low calorie, why am I not dying?

Hello fellow dieters. I have always wanted to do keto but have never been able to get started. I used to be an athlete and lost 50 lb in 2019 after quitting drinking and doing paleo and exercising my tail off. But I broke my foot in 2020 and the wheels fell off my bus. I developed a back problem from that and then broke my foot again. I can't really exercise and had a hysterectomy so managing my weight is a nightmare. Anyway I just started ideal protein and I think I'm in the honeymoon period. I felt rough the first week and lost 5 lb, assuming it was water mostly, and lost none the second week. I'm clocking everything on carb manager and I'm coming in at around 600 calories a day. I hit around 20 carbs so I should be in keto. I started to feel pretty good suddenly instead of miserable. I think this is weird. I kind of just want to transition to regular keto and not pay for weird space food but I need the discipline of having a guy weigh me every week so I don't freak out haha. I guess this is just a stream of consciousness and wanting to say hello and connect with some other people going through the same thing. Hope you're all doing well. Hope to see some loss on my way in on Thursday. I'm definitely feeling more confident.
replicantc220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 03:30 PM   #15  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Default replicantc220

Hi. Mind if I call you Replicant?

Welcome to Ideal Protein. Believe it or not, this was an active place about a decade or so ago when the diet came to the US via the France to Canada route. Keto was not a thing back then, though there are similarities in the protocols. I know lots of the info here may seem dated, but the success rate was impressive, and I know the way we did it works. I lost 50 pounds in 4 months, no calorie counting, no exercise. I stopped the office visits to my chiro early on, utilizing a good scale, a measuring tape and Ketostix to monitor my ketosis status. I eventually switched from IP products to Nashua Nutrition and EAS offerings, but was otherwise kind of a zealot.

I kept spreadsheets (there were no apps), and was able to stay motivated by the quickness of my weight loss. I had to adapt since I do not eat meat, and I cut out alcohol. The diet itself is simple: you follow the protocol and it works. It's chemical and almost can't NOT work. The complication is that we are humans, which makes the implementation not so easy. It is a mental game, and if you have the motivation and intestinal fortitude, you will succeed with impressive results.

For me, life piled on and maintenance tricks no longer suffice. I am back in what is now an empty place, plugging away and consulting my own posts of the past to achieve success a decade later. I'm more laid back this time, but maintaining the protocol in principle. I hope to lose 50 pounds again. I started mid-March and have lost 26 pounds.

I do exercise this time with 4-5 mile walks daily with my sister, picking up trash on local NH trails. We used to do marathons and half marathons, so it's important to do something. I think it helps with my loss.

It takes a 3-4 days for your body to switch to using fat instead of the carbs your brain is used to in order to not feel stupid. From that point, don't cheat, and you should start feeling better, particularly if you've also stopped drinking alcohol. After losing some of the heft that has slowed you down, your energy level will increase significantly. From that point, just monitor the ketosis, and watch the pounds drop off. Really. It doesn't have to be complicated... or kill you.

Novak