3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Fall 2021 Chat Thread (Oct-Dec) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/324348-ideal-protein-fall-2021-chat-thread-oct-dec.html)

Ro22 11-02-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442530)
Thanks for letting me know about the 4 cup weekly limit. I think I'll just have it once per week, only about 1 cup, as my lunch on the weekend. It is too hard to bring everything to make the soup while I am at work during the week.

I have no idea about the asparagus but that is too bad if it is removed. I have read a little bit about the new IP protocol but I am just doing it old-school, how it has worked for me in the past. I like my 8 oz of meat at dinner and am happy with how I am progressing. I am still feeling great and having no hunger at all. I am not seeing a coach as my old coach from years ago just sells me what I want as I need it, and I order alternatives for everything else.

Note - my note on 4 cups per week was for heart of palm.
It wasnít in reference to the Konjac noodles so Iíd say keep doing what you are doing!

Tanga22 11-03-2021 08:27 AM

OK thanks for clarifying!

LizRR 11-03-2021 01:22 PM

Hey y'all - I dropped off for a week and didn't even realize it! My dad came into town and we had a BUSY WEEK! I had a few weak spots over those days, but I'm back on it today. I'm paying for it though as I'm a little up on the scale (weirdly a few days after), nothing was all-out binge crazy, but I did have a few drinks I shouldn't have had. It was out socially as I'm still not keeping anything in my house - I'm forgiving myself and moving on to today. I knew the holidays would be hard to get through - but so far going into Week 4-1/2 back to it. I'm trying to keep my "Rojo" (inspired by the Ro Mojo!)

I got these "Kibun Healthy Noodles" from Costco and they are part soybean fiber/part konjac (that's what I get for not checking labels). They have 30 cals, 0 net carbs (6g carbs/6g fiber + 1g protein). So not 100%, but I'll probably be looking on Amazon for something more compliant. I remember needing to rinse my Miracle Noodles well and I like to cut them up a little shorter with kitchen shears as they can come out like long ribbons! I've never heard of Heart of Palm noodles though. I'm pretty much just sticking to the Old IP sheet too. I got a message from my old clinic, thinking about going back - but so far I've actually been staying more on plan than either of my second, or many third round restarts so I'll just keep this up for now.

I was pleasantly surprised that I had a Week 3 loss - usually that's the slowest/lowest, but I think I "front loaded" before starting IP (I did a binge eat/drink weekend after a very indulgent pandemic, which is probably why my Week 1 loss was so big too). Week 4 will probably not be so hot - but I know to expect that at least, and I mean hey, 18lb in 3 weeks is pretty great! Week 3 WI is the lowest weight I've been at for all of 2021 (Week 1 was my highest). I could almost put on some old jeans - I mean, I did button/zip up, but it was a chore with some major muffin top!

My husband and myself both WFH and liked going out for lunch dates, I'm cutting it down some and making better choices. Luckily he is 100% supportive and understands when I want to try to stay home (although he'll still go out and eat what he wants). One challenge is that my mom is coming to stay with us for 10 days while my husband has surgery. I will say that she is a Big Drinker, so I'll have to be more diligent about keeping hands off anything in the house (but I think if I just stock her vodka/rum and no wine I'll be okay).

Tanga22 11-03-2021 02:27 PM

Hi LizRR, glad to hear you had a nice/busy week visiting with your dad. Go easy on yourself with the weak spots over the last week, it happens, and as long as you can get back into it no worries! I myself think about the Christmas season coming up, and knowing to achieve my goal I will likely be phase 1 til February or so. My husband and I booked a night away/wine tour the week before Christmas, which never happens for us. We have no family help with our kids so never get away. This is to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary so I plan on adding some carbs in a few days before we go and enjoying the Christmas season a bit, then Boxing Day (or so depending on social events) getting right back into Phase 1. I hope I have the strength to get back into it, and hope that my plan works. I want to enjoy the wine tour but have heard of the dangers of consuming any alcohol while on Phase 1. How did you find it Liz? I've heard you can have some scary reactions.

Anyways, that's a few weeks away so trying not to worry too much about it, but I am a "planner" lol.

I'm 2 1/2 weeks in and about 11lbs down so happy with that. This is the dreaded week 3 so I'll see on Monday how I faired, maybe I can still lose 3 lbs this week? So far down 1 lb since Monday this week so that is a good start. I know I shouldn't weigh daily necessarily but I get funny/excited right before I go to bed at night to see what the scale says in the morning and I think it really helps keep me from wanting to eat anything after dinner. I am happy today because I wear a uniform for work and fit into my smaller size pants with room to spare. Still want to go down another 2 sizes by the end of my goal.

Liz 18 lbs in 3 weeks is incredible, you should be super proud! Isn't it funny waiting for those weigh-ins? Good luck when your mom comes to visit, I hope it goes well.

Ro22 11-04-2021 01:35 AM

Tanga - enjoy your vacation and get right back! As long as you get right back on youíll be ok.

Liz - Itís good to be busy while doing this! Good luck with your husbandís surgery. Wishing you the best outcome! Stay committed with your Mom in town. I donít drink but a tip I do with family is I have my large bottle of sparkling water that I add lemon juice to and I pour it into a wine glass and that is what I drink in the evening. I find it discourages them from commenting on the fact that I donít drink so maybe try that.

Today started Month 2 for me.
Iím going super strong! Iím really enjoying this protocol and enjoying the meals I make and especially feeling good about the clean ingredients so Iím thrilled Iíve figured out how to do the protocol with foods that fit my health choices.
I have 55 more pounds to loseÖughÖbut, it is what it is.
I am sleeping great and waking up refreshed.
I have more energy so doing home reorganization projects. Thatís making my doing this easier as I used my pressure cooker, I got for Christmas a few years ago, for the first time today. I made soup which I make weekly but this time I could just set it in there and work while it cooked.
I bought a Ninja grill so I can grill with the weather turning here.
Basically, I reorganized everything so itís easier to get at my appliances that make my meals easier to prepare.
And, I am getting better results compared to One Meal a Day on Keto.
I did a 7 day water fast and then 4 weeks of OMAD at 1100 calories with 75 g fat and my only carbs coming from my salad.
I just completed 4 weeks of IP where I eat 4 times per day.
In one less week and no fasting, I am down an additional 1.6 lbs compared to where I was after 5 weeks of fast+OMAD strict keto. And Iím sleeping better and waking up more refreshed.
This just proves to me again that my body prefers higher protein and low fat to lose fat the best.
Iím feeling great and committed for the long haul.
I am planning to have a keto Thanksgiving and I do plan to participate in our Christmas cookie baking party in mid-December.
I will have my one day events for these and get right back on IP protocol but Iíve done IP through the holidays when I first did IP and it wasnít worth it so Iím planning to do my usual keto thanksgiving and keto cookie bake.
The key will be not turning this into an extended holiday which I wonít.
In fact, keto Thanksgiving may give me a boost because it will just be around 2 months IP so a feed day could spur a bigger loss the following week. Regardless, Iím going to have my 1 day each month and the additional Christmas keto so in next 2 months Iíll have 4 keto days. Iím planning that and with that plan I wonít stray.

Tanga22 11-05-2021 08:22 AM

Congrats on starting month 2 Ro, it sounds like you have a good plan with all the holidays coming up. It’s important to figure out how to get through them! just think once we are into January it is smooth-sailing into the spring.
looks like I will be home again today with two of my three daughters sick. They are fighting a cold. So it’ll be a low key day but that’s alright with me.
Hope you have a great day!

Ro22 11-05-2021 11:48 AM

I hope the kids are feeling better, Tanga.
Yes, I have a definite plan and Iím good with it. Itís going to take me 6-8 months to get where I want so a couple of days over that timeframe will not derail me. It could though trigger consecutive days but I wonít let that happen and I feel itís mitigated by having a plan. Iíll need to cut my recipes down so I donít have tons of leftovers but thatís easy enough to do. My friend, who started keto 3 months ago, is going to come and cook with me so I may just leave recipes in tact and give her half. I donít know how much she needs so I need to discuss with her but having just enough for Thanksgiving without leftovers is a key part of my plan.

Ro22 11-06-2021 12:42 PM

I have so much energy!!!
I had some work done on my house where I had shelving units put in my garage for better organization. I have now cleaned out every drawer and cabinet in my house and cleared out my storage space making it all so much easier to access and getting rid of clutter. This has allowed me to access appliances that I had in inconvenient storage locations which are now easily accessible so enjoying concocting recipes using these convenient appliances plus going to make holiday prep easier as well.
I fear I’ll run out of projects for this energy I have lol!

Oh, and one other thing we haven’t discussed…
I’m also carrying over my intermittent fasting from keto to IP. I eat in an 8 hour window and fast for the other 16 hours so that means either 10-6 or 11-7.

Tanga22 11-06-2021 05:42 PM

Interesting Ro! I’ve found I’m not hungry for my first packet of the day until past 9 or 10am….I’ve thought about pushing it longer to incorporate IF as my husband has fasted for years. I think it might come in handy once phasing off to help limit food intake. Do you find it easy to do? I don’t snack in the evenings so am pretty much doing a 8-9 hour eating window anyways, I might try to push it a bit longer.
So great about the extra energy! Way to get things done! I bet that feels amazing and helps to prepare for things down the road.
hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Ro22 11-07-2021 11:25 AM

Super easy to do, Tanga.
I find it easy with the protocol too because when you have compressed the eating window, it feels like you are eating more than when spread out over longer hours.

Tanga22 11-08-2021 09:42 AM

Back on track today. Kids are all healthy and back to school. I ended up getting the cold too but I am feeling almost over it today. Between the cold and TOM, and likely it being week 3 last week, weight loss has stalled a bit but hoping for a better week this week.
The sun is shining here today and it is beautiful out.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Ro22 11-08-2021 10:22 PM

Glad to hear, Tanga!
Iím sure this will be a better week!

LizRR 11-09-2021 12:40 AM

Good night ladies, it's been busy here and getting ready for holiday switch and my husband's surgery. I'm going to make my lemonade, similar to Tangas ACV drink, to stave off drinking while mom is here. I'll catch up tomorrow!

Tanga22 11-09-2021 10:43 AM

Good luck with everything Liz, hope your husband's surgery goes ok.
Scale moved a whole 1.5 lbs this AM so feeling happy about that! Come on week 4!!

LizRR 11-09-2021 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442840)
Good luck with everything Liz, hope your husband's surgery goes ok.
Scale moved a whole 1.5 lbs this AM so feeling happy about that! Come on week 4!!

WooHoo Tanga! That's a great whoosh! I am officially down another pound for my week 4 WI, I'll take it! I've been a little sneaky here and there last week trying to keep up with everything and I let diet stuff slip - handful of nuts, hunk of cheese there, etc. But, this is another "low" for my weight for the year to date! My mom comes in tomorrow and we are setting up a new bedroom for her basically.
Ro, I really found it interesting reading about your different experiences between Keto, OMAD, and IP. That is fascinating to me! I'm really going to try to put pedal to the medal until Thanksgiving. We are hosting my in-laws and I am planning a keto, not necessarily IP, day similar to you Ro. That might be a nice "break" (not from carbs though), then the same thing until Christmas...then New Years!!! This year is now really flying by.
I may soon be cleared to do some light walking. My knee surgery was 5 weeks ago, but I'm feeling better every day and don't do the grandma getting out off the couch move anymore! Now that I'm a little lighter that should help as well - "this close" to 20lb loss. I need some of Ro's energy!
Also, thinking about the IF compressed window - my one barrier to that is my morning coffee - I take my Vanilla RTD as my creamer (it's more latte than coffee) - maybe I'll try to close in the windows on the weekends vs. weekdays when I don't need to get any work done.