3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Fall 2021 Chat Thread (Oct-Dec) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/324348-ideal-protein-fall-2021-chat-thread-oct-dec.html)

Ro22 10-24-2021 08:16 PM

Silly me…I just realized that Ideal Protein is really what is called in the keto world Protein Sparing Modified Fast diet. I saw a recipe by Maria Emmerich for PSMF egg white bread. I’m going to make it and use it as a meal - one of my packet replacements.
I’m also going to get her 2 ebooks for PSMF and the Art of Fat Loss as she says she was asked to modify keto for bariatric patients that need higher protein and low carb and low fat. I’m sure I’m going to pick up recipes from these. She even has a PSMF chocolate ice cream recipe.
This is how I’m modifying things to keep good ingredients as I was always uncomfortable with the IP or alternative Protein packet ingredients. I’m happy I found this because it makes me that much more comfortable in finding packet replacements.
I’m going to cut out the protein cereal as that as 5 g of fat that I don’t want.

Tanga22 10-25-2021 10:11 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been lingering on here over the last week. I have used Ideal Protein in the past, most notably in 2012 when I lost about 35 pounds after 3 pregnancies/babies back to back. Over the years, and especially over Covid, I've definitely found myself at a weight I am not happy about and started Ideal one week ago. I want to lose at least 40lbs, 60 would get me to an ideal weight. Scary to hear/admit that number.
So one week in and I've lost 6 lbs. I wish it was more but I am happy with that. Hoping week 2 I see a similar number.
I was pleasantly surprised that my first week wasn't too bad at all, I think I jumped into ketosis quite easily.
Just wanted to say hi, I always enjoyed this board in the past and find the support is great.
Hoping we can all stay strong together!

Ro22 10-25-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442214)
Hi everyone,
I've been lingering on here over the last week. I have used Ideal Protein in the past, most notably in 2012 when I lost about 35 pounds after 3 pregnancies/babies back to back. Over the years, and especially over Covid, I've definitely found myself at a weight I am not happy about and started Ideal one week ago. I want to lose at least 40lbs, 60 would get me to an ideal weight. Scary to hear/admit that number.
So one week in and I've lost 6 lbs. I wish it was more but I am happy with that. Hoping week 2 I see a similar number.
I was pleasantly surprised that my first week wasn't too bad at all, I think I jumped into ketosis quite easily.
Just wanted to say hi, I always enjoyed this board in the past and find the support is great.

Hi Tanga,

Glad you decided to join the conversation!
Good start - keep going!

LizRR 10-25-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442214)
Hi everyone,

Hey Tanga,
We have a lot in common! I'm also a 2012 IPer with 60lb to make goal weight. My last round I stopped short a few pounds, but am sticking to my guns this 3rd round.

I have been super tired and cravy the last 2 days, I think some is my TOM and allergies mixed in. I've strayed some, not too terrible - I had protein chips and pickles vs making my veggie soup for dinner, which would have technically been okay, but then I had a handful of pecans. Similar yesterday, I had a more Phase 2 day with two proteins since I was hangry ...

I had my WI#2 today and officially another 3lb down! I'm going to get a good night's sleep tonight and start off fresh. The weather here has been gorgeous, but every time I step outside my sinuses explode!

LizRR 10-25-2021 10:34 PM

Whew...glad I talked it out here tonight...mustered some energy, set out my food for tomorrow, prepped coffee, got my dinner protein planned for batch cooking and drinking some hot herbal tea to keep the munchies at bay...

Tanga22 10-26-2021 06:33 AM

That's funny that is a lot in common!
I am taking it a week at a time and thinking that Christmas time might be a time to slightly phase off and back on again in January if needed. That's my long-range thinking :) I will be happy if I can stick with things until then and I'll see where I am at and how I feel.
I really want to mentally get over my bad habits, which have included a lot of snacking and too much wine in the evenings after the kids go to bed. My husband and I got into a really bad habit and he is very supportive of me. He is a workout fanatic and a tall guy so he's luck he doesn't have weight to lose. He's also done IF for about 2 years. Darn men and their metabolisms!!!
I'm thinking of perhaps staying keto after phasing off IP as I love how I have been feeling over the last week. Although I love to run and workout so I am missing that a bit. I have been enjoying outdoor hikes (although it's getting cold here in Ontario, Canada) and yoga to keep moving.
Best of luck to everyone today!

LizRR 10-26-2021 11:09 PM

Wow, the bad wine habit, tall husband with crazy metabolism... except I'm in Texas!
MY day pretty much fell apart, we had no power all day so had to improvise between IP snacks and out to eat. Again, not 100% but not terrible. I'm making today's plan for tomorrow! Off to make a cup of hot herbal tea!

Tanga22 10-27-2021 10:02 AM

Texas sounds amazing, beats the Ontario cold I am sure! Today the sun is shining though which is great.
Sorry to hear about your day but good for you for improvising. Staying on plan is tough, even without the challenges of when things aren't perfect. I am still battling the cravings a bit/the pull of those bad habits.
One day at a time....I am a daily-weigher. When I struggle in the evenings and my husband and kids are eating whatever they want I remind myself of the scale in the morning. Do I want to be proud of myself or disappointed? So far that has helped me stay on track but I have a long way to go.

Tanga22 10-27-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5442224)
Hi Tanga,

Glad you decided to join the conversation!
Good start - keep going!

Thanks Ro!

Ro22 10-27-2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442290)
Texas sounds amazing, beats the Ontario cold I am sure! Today the sun is shining though which is great.
Sorry to hear about your day but good for you for improvising. Staying on plan is tough, even without the challenges of when things aren't perfect. I am still battling the cravings a bit/the pull of those bad habits.
One day at a time....I am a daily-weigher. When I struggle in the evenings and my husband and kids are eating whatever they want I remind myself of the scale in the morning. Do I want to be proud of myself or disappointed? So far that has helped me stay on track but I have a long way to go.

I have 6 months or so to go but finally after a year my switch has been flipped to keep me in it for the long haul. Today started week 4 for me.

Tanga22 10-28-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5442305)
I have 6 months or so to go but finally after a year my switch has been flipped to keep me in it for the long haul. Today started week 4 for me.

That's great Ro, how are you feeling starting into week 4?

Ro22 11-01-2021 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442325)
That's great Ro, how are you feeling starting into week 4?

i feel great! And, my brother in law said he notices a difference. He said he wasn’t noticing a difference with just keto. And, I said, yes I know as my body liked high protein and low fat for fat loss so that made me feel even better.

Tanga22 11-01-2021 08:00 AM

Happy belated Halloween everyone. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I was busy, my kids were so excited yesterday and had a great time trick or treating. I was crazy busy yesterday, did a ton of housework, hiked with the dog, and was exhausted by last night. No weight change on the scale this morning from Saturday despite staying on plan. I figure perhaps it was because I was working up a sweat quite a bit, maybe I was a bit too active. Also, TOM is coming soon I think, and I think I'm fighting off a bit of a cold. I will be taking it easy today, enjoying sitting at my desk at work and not doing much else haha!

I tried konjac noodles yesterday mixed with Protidiet cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and riced cauliflower. It was great! Felt like a huge meal. I will be enjoying that new recipe. I ordered the Konjac noodles off Amazon as I wasn't sure where to get them around me. They didn't have a funny taste at all, rinsed them well. They were just a bit more chewy than a rice noodle but with everything mixed together I didn't notice at all.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and let's tackle this upcoming week!

Ro22 11-02-2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanga22 (Post 5442468)
Happy belated Halloween everyone. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I was busy, my kids were so excited yesterday and had a great time trick or treating. I was crazy busy yesterday, did a ton of housework, hiked with the dog, and was exhausted by last night. No weight change on the scale this morning from Saturday despite staying on plan. I figure perhaps it was because I was working up a sweat quite a bit, maybe I was a bit too active. Also, TOM is coming soon I think, and I think I'm fighting off a bit of a cold. I will be taking it easy today, enjoying sitting at my desk at work and not doing much else haha!

I tried konjac noodles yesterday mixed with Protidiet cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and riced cauliflower. It was great! Felt like a huge meal. I will be enjoying that new recipe. I ordered the Konjac noodles off Amazon as I wasn't sure where to get them around me. They didn't have a funny taste at all, rinsed them well. They were just a bit more chewy than a rice noodle but with everything mixed together I didn't notice at all.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend and let's tackle this upcoming week!

Nice!
I just ordered Nature Heaven’s heart of palm pasta for the same reason.

These are limited to 4 cups per week.

Speaking of which, Asparagus seems to be removed from the vegetable list altogether. Does anyone have the updated list (2021) and know if true and if so, why?

Tanga22 11-02-2021 08:32 AM

Thanks for letting me know about the 4 cup weekly limit. I think I'll just have it once per week, only about 1 cup, as my lunch on the weekend. It is too hard to bring everything to make the soup while I am at work during the week.

I have no idea about the asparagus but that is too bad if it is removed. I have read a little bit about the new IP protocol but I am just doing it old-school, how it has worked for me in the past. I like my 8 oz of meat at dinner and am happy with how I am progressing. I am still feeling great and having no hunger at all. I am not seeing a coach as my old coach from years ago just sells me what I want as I need it, and I order alternatives for everything else.